Mariusnet news

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Mariusnet news

Postby vinylrake » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:36 am

I don't imagine that this would effect anyone here, since anyone likely to be doint this is I am sure up on the latest mariusnet news, but since I know some people here don't read the mariusnet forums and the consequences for breaking this rule is permanent banning from the mariusnet gameserver I thought it worth posting here.

It is on the front page of http://mariusnet.com and was posted by ppe, the host of mariusnet. (our regular saturday night hangout)

=============================
Most everyone in the community can disregard this posting completely as it won't ever affect the vast majority of you. A very small handful, however, should read this very, very closely. You know who you are.

It has come to my attention that more people are, in what they no doubt think is humor or some stupid statement of defiance, attempting to impersonate Admins by prefixing their ScreenName with 'MNA' and placing text after that to simulate an Admin tag. One person has already been permanently banned from here for it. Will more be following? It is YOUR choice.

Be it known that I have asked my fellow admins to immediately .blam (a.k.a. BAN - not boot, warn, change the name of or suspend - BAN) anyone they see doing this. I've left it to their discretion as to whether or not they actually give you any sort of verbal or other type or warning first so that you may go change your ways and avoid the consequences. If I see it, and I have been on more lately, I will not give any such warning because this posting is that warning. The "I didn't see the post" excuse will not hold water with me either. For one, I know how fast announcements like this travel in Myth and two, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

There will not be ANY sort of impersonation of Admins, on any level, tolerated in any way.

Want to call me a Nazi for this stance? Go for it, I don't care... not one bit. The way I see it, there are only a very select few people stirring up crap around here and the sooner you few are weeded out or knocked into line, the sooner things calm down and everyone can get back to just playing games.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Return to Gabber's Corner