Mythgraveyard back from the dead

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Mythgraveyard back from the dead

Postby vinylrake » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:10 pm

FYI: the mythgraveyard is back online - at a new address: http://mythgraveyard.org

it's not 'finished' and it's not particularly pretty (i have an amazing knack for uglifying reasonably attractive site themes) but as far as i know it works.

i'm trying to get all the myth-related crap on my HDs uploaded to the graveyard in the next few weeks, so I can take a break from this eternal project and do something else with my time.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Re: Mythgraveyard back from the dead

Postby Frumius » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Vr, that link is busted all to heck! here it is:
http://www.mythgraveyard.org (Myth Graveyard)

I think it looks pretty sweet :)
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby vinylrake » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:09 pm

thanks for the correction, goes to show you how important having a colon is.

i am not crazy about the look, but it's at least consistent - which is an improvement. and i finally bit the bullet and stopped using tables for page layout - so i am only 5-10 years behind the leading edge of webdesign standards.

not that anyone is going to be spending hours browsing or anything, but if you find anything that doesn't work or you can't find something you think is in the graveyard, or you think should be let me know. i am still cleaning up my HD so will be making some fixes/enhancements probably till the end of the month.

(just found some more 'readmes' on my HD and now there's over 600 in the documents section of the graveyard - a couple hundred more i need to sort through, then it's on to the rest of the crap)
vinylrake

Postby Pyro » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:43 am

So you really do have lots of old plugins in their original compressed files? Zak had asked you for some old stargate tagset that some of the active udogs hotliners never heard about. Makes me wonder what other plugins you might have that should likely be placed on the Tain. Did you download just about every plugin out there or did you just one day go... "I should keep the originals"?
Pyro

OoH Member

Postby vinylrake » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Pyro Wrote:So you really do have lots of old plugins in their original compressed files? Zak had asked you for some old stargate tagset that some of the active udogs hotliners never heard about. Makes me wonder what other plugins you might have that should likely be placed on the Tain.

sure i have lots of old plugins in their original compressed files. GBs of them. most of them are crap or mediocre.

Pyro Wrote:Did you download just about every plugin out there or did you just one day go... "I should keep the originals"?

Some of both. I save mostly everything, and I've been around long enough to know that what's 'here' today can be 'gone' tomorrow so i tend to keep my own copies of things. Once I seriously thought about sites and content dissapearing I started saving stuff in earnest and following up links to archive.org backup and geocities mirrors and stuff like that.

As for uploading stuff I have to the Tain? I can't compare what I have to the Tain because I don't even know what I have yet. Once I get all my Myth files centralized/organized I could generate a list of files that if anyone were interested could be used to compare to the Tain, but that's probably just delusional thinking on my part, deep down I doubt I'll ever 'finish' organizing Myth stuff.
vinylrake

Return to Gabber's Corner