Let's play some Myth2 maybe?

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Let's play some Myth2 maybe?

Postby Pyro » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:12 am

Hey guys. Long time no see. How about we play a bit of Myth2 in the foreseeable future. The Myth devs are working on a minor Myth update with a cool feature for coop. We can go test it together. If you are a private tester over at the Magma forums, you should see the thread. Some of us plan on testing it out tonight.

By the way Baak, I think you should remove the Myth Graveyard and Mything links. For the Myth Starter Guide, I provided a replacement in that other thread. Oh if any of you were still using AIM on and off. They finally pulled the plug on it on December 14.
Pyro

OoH Member

Re: Let's play some Myth2 maybe?

Postby HedgeSnake » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:58 am

Hi Pyro... I hope all is well!

It's been so long since I've played Myth that I've switched computers from PCs to Macs in the interim! I'm not sure what it might take to make Myth run on my machine now... but I'm willing to try if it means playing a few games with old and dear friends again!

I do have Windows Parallels sorta running on this Mac, so perhaps there's hope. I also have my old "Myth II folder" with sub folders on the hard drive. My son, who had been playing Myth with all of us since he was about 7, is home from college right now. He and his younger brother could probably help me figure out any instructions given to bring Myth II back to life. They play lots of games (too many, unfortunately), and can probably beat this machine into submission fairly quickly.

Cheers,
David (HedgeSnake)
408-202-7125
dpropach@ButSimple.com
HedgeSnake

OoH Member<br />1000 Club

Re: Let's play some Myth2 maybe?

Postby Pyro » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:17 pm

Great, it is easy to get Myth2 running on your Mac. If you still have access to your old Myth II folder you can just move it over. Then install the latest Myth2 update found at ProjectMagma.net. Go to the downloads page and you will see the Myth II Updates. Click on it and get the installer for your OS. You may need to delete the "preferences" subfolder if you run into issues. You can delete the Windows executable given that you will be using the Mac version.

After that you can log onto GateofStorms.net. If you don't have an account or you forgot the info for it, put whatever for the login and leave the password field blank. This way you log in as a guest. GoS has changed yet again and is now using Steam to link to unique accounts but not much to gain from an account other than a unique userid number.
Pyro

OoH Member

Return to Gabber's Corner