How can I become an OoH Special Guest or Member?

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

How can I become an OoH Special Guest or Member?

Postby Baak » Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:56 pm

I've been asked this quite a few times so I've decided to post some general guidelines on how to become an OoH Special Guest or Member:

The short answer:

When you're invited. :)

The long answer:

An OoH Special Guest is someone who is invited by the active OoH Members as a whole to join in our weekly matches. This means one or more of the OoH Members have played with you and have a general feel for your style of play. You must meet the standards of the OoH (see our Mission Statement particularly) and abide by the OoH House Rules.

In general: fun, imaginative, intense, and cooperative play are paramount to us. If you're too competitive, love to criticize others' play (including unsolicited advice), play nothing but Gimble CtF and Desert Terries - you should look elsewhere. As long as you "fit in" you will be invited back. If you become a problem, you will not.

Once invited, Special Guests are upgraded on these forums to SG status, thus giving them access to additional forums as well as Private OoH plugins that have yet to be released to the Myth Community. Registering here and getting a feel for our play (including practicing with our many plugins) is an excellent way to start.

Becoming an OoH Member happens when enough of the currently active Members decide they want to invite you to join. This generally means you have proven yourself compatible with the rest of the OoH to such a degree that we'd like to have you in the "inner circle". An active Member nominates the prospective candidate, and if someone seconds the nomination it goes into a discussion period and finally a vote.

Don't feel too intimidated with this whole process. If you feel you're the type of Myth player who fits into the OoH style of play, then by all means contact us via the forums (post a why-I-think-I-fit-in thread here) - you just might get an invite to be a Special Guest and someday become a Member. I will say that we have one helluva good time each and every week and have done so for seven years - well over 5,000 games! So please don't hesitate to contact us if you feel you'd fit in.

Cheers & GG's! :)
-Baak-
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Return to Gabber's Corner