OoH Battle Plan Download Test

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

OoH Battle Plan Download Test

Postby Baak » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:54 am

I've updated the download code on the Battle Plan to directly mimic the way browsers normally download files (don't worry if this makes no sense to you).

Basically I need to know: (a) if downloading doesn't work for you the next time you try to download something; or (b) if downloading does work for you the next time you try to download something.

Thanks! :)
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby lank » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:18 pm

well, downloading 20 megs seemed to work ok for me on winxp (sp3) with firefox 3.0.1. :)
lank

OoH Member

Postby Omicron » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:18 am

I tried downloading the Baak's Artillery Pack you made twice but the first time it cut out at about 600KB, then at 712KB I think. Of course I have dial-up and WinME and IE v6. Also there is this little leprachaun who lives in my computer, I tried to get him out once but he threatened to steal my ram so I let him be. Well he seems to have an issue with the OoH battle plan (something about it being an attempt by Baak :nubb_evil: to steal his gold) so that might be the problem. :oops:
Omicron

OoH Special Guest

Postby Frumius » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:43 am

Oops, forgot to reply here. I had no probs!
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Baak » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:00 pm

After still having some obscure problems here and there, I decided to go through the download code again with a fine-toothed comb and discovered two very small anomalies which may (or may not) have contributed to these problems.

Bottom line: I tweaked the d/l code again so let me know if you have any problems. :)
Baak

Postby Baak » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:59 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but it appears the BP download problems are now a thing of the past. :)

Thanks to Vinylrake for some extra testing (and extra patience).

Do let me know if you experience any problems, especially with files that just won't download or which end up corrupt after you receive them. I don't think we'll see this any more, but don't hesitate to let me know if you have a problem.

Also: I've updated the download counter one last time to reflect a more accurate count of the totals, and put another piece of relatively useless trivia on there in the form of the "last download".

Cheers.
Baak

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support