OoH Battle Plan - Updated

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

OoH Battle Plan - Updated

Postby Baak » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:11 am

I've gone through the Battle Plan download code one more time with a fine-toothed comb and have logging set up jic anyone has any problems (and please let me know if you do have problems).

I also went through the display page itself (the grid) and updated it a bit:

• After the list of recently updated plugins first, the remainder are sorted alphabetically within the three groups: OoH, 3rd-party must haves (3+), 3rd-party played less (3-). If you want to see the whole list alphabetically, just click on "Plugin Name" as always
  • 7-Zip (.7z) files have been added for the BIGZIP's and a handful of other files. This is semi-experimental, but allows for smaller download sizes - mainly for the BIGZIP's. I don't know of the best software for the Mac to decompress .7z files, but 7-Zip or WinRAR work for the PC. Let me know if you know of a good one for the Mac and I'll post a link on the top of the BP (where the link for 7-Zip is located).
  • The #DL (number of downloads) was slightly confusing before. It was showing total #DL (OoH+TheTain) and then a link (if it exists) for OoH stuff at The Tain with the #DL on The Tain as the link. It's now broken into three columns: "OoH #DL", "Tain #DL", "All #DL". Thus you can see the #DL here, on The Tain, and the total of both. Purely funky trivia stuff that I like to follow. Right now I only put OoH stuff that's posted on The Tain in the "Tain #DL" column, and the number is also a link straight to that page. In addition, I put a little dagger for entries that have a star rating on The Tain, and a double-dagger for those that have a rating plus review(s). If you float the mouse pointer over the number, you'll see the full #stars/#reviews. It was too hard to put that info on the page itself, and since it almost never changes I thought this was better.
  • I added the "most recent download" to the display at the top (along with total bytes/downloads served) - again just for the heck of it.

Let me know if you have any problems downloading. It appears quite stable now but don't hesitate to let me know.

I occasionally see people start a download which I imagine they are planning on resuming but then never do. With those I can't tell if they ran into a problem or not (even with all the logging), because they could simply drop their connection for whatever reason and never get back to it. These are the ones I'd also like to know about.

Cheers! :D
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby Baak » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:45 pm

Even though I'll be updating the Artillery Pak soon(tm) (hopefully this next week), I was impressed that the 7-Zip version of it was a mere 3.2 MB (!) instead of the 28.9 MB zip file. Yowza.

Definitely appears that some things compress much more with .7z and others not so much. Jinn AW is not much different, but the BIGZIP's definitely are.

Funk.
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support