Creation Plugins now added to the BP

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

Creation Plugins now added to the BP

Postby Baak » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:13 pm

In addition to the extensive Mirror of Creation I set up in December last year, I've finally gotten around to adding the Creation plugins directly to the OoH Battle Plan.

This should make them easier to find in a pinch. :)

I've also made the Battle Plan default to show updated plugins first (as always) but now the rest are shown alphabetically regardless of category. This should add to the simplicity.

Plugins (such as TSG due to its size) which are not included in one of the BIGZIPs will simply show nothing (a blank space) for the Type.
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby LegacyTyphoon » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:27 am

More files I have to add?
Wonderful.

If this keeps up Myth II is going to be the only game I can actually fit on my internal hard drive (At least if I want to have a decent cache space at any one time). :p

Yes, I'm bitching about the size of the BP again.
I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I mean its awesome you're hosting the mirror to all the Creation stuff...
...and I'm just going to shut up now because I'm just annoyed because there's now more crap I'd have to leave on my hard drive in the off chance someone actually chooses one of these plugins when their turn comes around.
[/vent]
LegacyTyphoon

OoH Special Guest

Postby Baak » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:55 am

LegacyTyphoon Wrote:.........
More files I have to add?
Wonderful.

If this keeps up Myth II is going to be the only game I can actually fit on my internal hard drive (At least if I want to have a decent cache space at any one time). :p

Yes, I'm bitching about the size of the BP again.
I don't mean to sound ungrateful, I mean its awesome you're hosting the mirror to all the Creation stuff...
...and I'm just going to shut up now because I'm just annoyed because there's now more crap I'd have to leave on my hard drive in the off chance someone actually chooses one of these plugins when their turn comes around.
[/vent]

Ok - calm down, calm down. You don't have to d/l anything else! :)

I've forgotten that the BP is also just a download area. So techincally even though these plugins are on the BP page, they aren't a "required" d/l for games we play, they are in a category of their own: "other 3rd party plugins".

If you have the stuff in the first two BIGZIP's (OoH and 3rd Party Must Haves) you are 95% covered. If you also have the third BIGZIP (3rd Party Lesser Played) you are 100% covered.

The rest of the Creation plugins are in the "other 3rd Party plugins" category and are thus merely available for download if you (or anyone else) want them. When you look at the BP you will see there is a blank space for the "Type", which means they are not in any BIGZIP file.

This way I can add a bunch of "other" downloads so Mythers have easy access to them, but it doesn't mean they are on our list of plugins to play.

Make sense? :)

On a side note, do you have access to a DVD drive on your comp? If so, you could always burn the plugins onto them in subfolders like so:

OoH Plugins
OoH 3rd Party Must Haves
OoH 3rd Party Lesser Played
Other Plugins

And then just have the first two sets on your computer with the rest on the DVD for easy access.
Baak

Postby vinylrake » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:02 pm

Hah!

I am thinking one DVD for the 3 OoH categories and a CD for the 'Other Plugins' should just about do it....

;)
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby LegacyTyphoon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 am

Unfortunately, I don't have a DVD burner. :(

I do have all the OoH stuff downloaded onto my external drive.
...and I did free up 1 gig of space by deleting some files I never touch... :D

In all seriousness, it isn't the fact that I have to download a new plugin, I'm always up for trying out new plugins (or old favorites in the case of the Creation stuff...), its that I rarely see (when I was able to show up to OoH night, will hopefully be there for this weekends night btw.) half the plugins that are on the list. Not counting the OoH created stuff, can you honestly say you'd want to regularly play or even know (off the top of your head) what half the stuff on the required BP is? Its like this giant pack-rat list of maps and tagsets... :)

Alright, alright, I'm done browbeating you guys. :p
LegacyTyphoon

OoH Special Guest

Postby vinylrake » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:30 am

Variety. Variety. Variety.

Sure we might not play a map for 6 months, but when it's 2AM on OoH gamenight and you get a craving for a game of Deathmatch stampede and you want the stampede units to be turtles and you want the player units to all be Dwarves, and you CAN'T wait a week till it gets put BACK on the BP and everyone downloads it, you'll be glad you have Borogove and IwihaDorfs in your plugins folder.
vinylrake

Postby LegacyTyphoon » Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:13 am

Kinda like how I forced everyone to play I Wish I had More Wights, Deathmatch, Last Man on the Hill?
LegacyTyphoon

OoH Special Guest

Postby Baak » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:02 am

LegacyTyphoon Wrote:Kinda like how I forced everyone to play I Wish I had More Wights, Deathmatch, Last Man on the Hill?

Aye. :)

Yeah, OoH nights have been scarce of late -- several of us hit with extra doses of Real Life (tm) over the past year.

Hopefully things will start clearing up a bit soon (tm).
Baak

Postby vinylrake » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:08 am

LT - Yes, your wight deathmatch game was an inspired selection. Seriously! Just the antidote for caring too much about winning and losing.

Baak: I haven't made it to many OoH nights of late mostly because there haven't been more than a couple of people RSVPing far ahead enough for me to make plans for late hour oohing.
vinylrake

Postby LegacyTyphoon » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:45 am

I have the perfect idea for another one:
I Wish I Had More Wights, Trebuchets, CTF
LegacyTyphoon

OoH Special Guest

Next

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support