"Imprisoned" released

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

"Imprisoned" released

Postby gugusm » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:13 am

I think it's an active forum, so I'll post it here too:

"You, Gallathan the Knight, wake up with your 8 companions in a square room without any door or windows. You don't know who and why imprisoned you here. You can't even recall what had happened before you fell asleep. The only chance for you is to follow some instructions engraved in a stone tablet, which you held in a hand when you awoke. That's how your nightmare begins..."

My new solo/coop map "Imprisoned" is ready to download. You can grab it from The Tain:

http://tain.totalcodex.net/items/show/imprisoned

You can also check out my trailer which I've already uploaded before, to have a view of how this map looks like:

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=YTHsfrgVVmQ

Enjoy!
gugusm

Postby Baak » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:05 am

Looks great (grabbing now) - love the trailer too! Nicely done! :)
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby Frumius » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:35 pm

Yep, we're active here, as well as elsewhere. I think I saw your trailer linked from the projectmagma forums a while back. It's a really well done trailer!

Thanks for letting us know of this and providing the link. I'm going to download your campaign. I do prefer out-door maps, though... I'm worried that I might feel claustrophobic in those confined spaces.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Baak » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:34 pm

Frumius Wrote:I do prefer out-door maps, though... I'm worried that I might feel claustrophobic in those confined spaces.

You can always take a walk in the woods after being crushed into a little cube like a garbage compactor - err... I mean after mercilessly crushing the enemy. Yeah, that's it. :)
Baak

Postby gugusm » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:33 pm

Hehehe... thanks for interesting guys :)
gugusm

Postby gugusm » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:35 am

NOTE: posted link will direct you to the version 1.1, the previous one had some little bug (or just detail that I changed already), so if you can, grab the newer version. Sorry and thanks :)
gugusm

Postby vinylrake » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:05 pm

Hey gugasm,

fun map - I've wasted a few hours on it already. a refreshing change from the "stand here and defeat wave after wave of unending enemies with all these superunits with superpowers" style of map that seems to be popular lately.

One question, are you aware of any moonwalking? In a couple of the cells/rooms after clicking for them to go across a room (on the west edge of the map, somewhere between mid and bottom) one or more units would start moving in the direction I specified then would stop and walk in place not making any forwards progress. They didn't stop TRYING to move forward, and I could get them to move fowards by telling them to move sideways THEN forwards, just thought it was odd. There didn't seem to be anything in the room that could have caused that - at least not that I could see. I thought maybe something weird like invisible enemies that hadn't been 'activated' yet, but that was the only thing I could think of.

If you want, if it happens again I can try to remember to save you a film.

pd. Not there's anything inherently wrong or bad about the wave style maps, they appear to provide a lot of fun to a lot of people. It's just that with a few exceptions (The Wall, The Great Library, Across the Gjol(tfl)) they just aren't my cup of tea.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Baak » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:20 pm

I haven't had a chance to try it out yet (looking forward to it), but am wondering if it's either a terrain issue or an invisible unit like VR mentioned?

If it's the latter, maybe you can raise the unit so others can move under it? If it itself moves, then you might need to make it's object tag "keep constant height above the mesh".
Baak

Postby gugusm » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:21 pm

Hey VR, thanks for playing and I hope you really liked it.

I know about the thing that you mentioned here... read hints, I even wrote about that there, because it's an inevitable little bug I think, but that's not my fault. This will happen when you place your units before teleportation too close to the wall... piece of terrain type around them teleports as well (at least that's how I see it), so they can't get through the area, where wall was before disappearing. However, I wrote about it in hints and even made new formation type, so you can avoid it much easier. Thanks and have fun :)
gugusm

Postby Baak » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:23 pm

Think we'll have to add this one to the Battle Plan. :)

Excellent work gugusm! :D
Baak

Next

Return to Gabber's Corner