Hi *Emz* - from the other side of The Pond

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Sat May 28, 2005 11:49 am

Yes, yes there is. I'm fielding a team!

I'm sure I mentioned it Emz. Last year's prize was $1000, I seriously doubt it'll be near that high this year :(

OOH ready to draw swords against TFS in MWC05?
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby Baak » Sat May 28, 2005 11:55 am

There's a Myth World Cup?

Yes, and it gets almost 80% as much media coverage as the football World Cup. ;)

Seriously, some bold members of the Myth community put together an actual tournament with a strict set of rules, specific maps and game types to be played in different "brackets", etc. - the works.

I believe there has been an annual MWC since 1999, each a little different. We (the Order of H'Pak) only joined in the fracas last year and did reasonably well. Was very fun and brought us together as a "team" in ways that don't happen when you play against each other as we do in our weekly private match.

You see (if The Elfoid hasn't told you already), as a whole we never really engage in the ranked/competitive games that some players play all the time, primarily because people tend to play the same game type on the same map over and over and over and over. It's, well... boring. :)

We play three-fourths of all our games on maps that are not part of the "standard" set of 20, and we add all kinds of funky stuff to make it much more strategic, interesting, and just plain fun. There's an awful lot of incredibly creative stuff people made for this game, and half the fun is exploring it all.

I mean... we're pushing 4,000 total games in our private weekly matches and we still keep coming back for more, so we must be on to something.

But that's a whole 'nother story... ;)

OOH ready to draw swords against TFS in MWC05?

You betcha! :)

Heh - we've been asking to play some "friendly" games against you guys since the last MWC! :D
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Sat May 28, 2005 1:24 pm

Eventually it'll happen. Where are your members from now?

We've got: America x2, United Kingdom x7, Tobago x1, Belgium x1, Norway x1, Hungary x1.

We can all stay up later as we have less kids tho, so games are more possible. Your games (from films I've seen) sound great, but you could still play ranked. You could have a much more selective host or something.
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Previous

Return to Gabber's Corner