Hi *Emz* - from the other side of The Pond

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Hi *Emz* - from the other side of The Pond

Postby Baak » Tue May 24, 2005 9:21 pm

Hi *Emz*! :)

Welcome to the OoH Forums. Feel free to post something here to get a conversation going. We prefer to keep things game-oriented (nothing political, religious, etc., as there are other more appropriate places for discussing such things), but we'd love to hear from you.

We played an excellent match against The Elfoid and his crew last year in the Myth World Cup. The biggest challenge was getting all the players from the two teams in-sync since we were literally spanning the globe from the UK through the USA to Australia - it was really something, and great fun all around.

Do you play Myth? Or any other games (and I mean *any* games, from card to board to paintball to whatever)?
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby Two Saks » Tue May 24, 2005 10:27 pm

We prefer to keep things game-oriented (nothing political, religious, etc

What's this Baak??? I was just ready to unveil my 10,000 page manifesto solving all the worlds political, ecological and economic problems! All solutions derived from my extensive religious conversations with the 12th dimensional color beings which channel through me while playing myth in the wee hours of the morning.

Um...hi Emz :D
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Wed May 25, 2005 10:30 am

I doubt she'll post, but you never know. I'll tell her to come back and have a look around here, she regisstered for the sake of it, not intending on using this site.

She's not a PC/Video Games maniac but we'll see eh?

She's hit 0.9 posts a day on my forums, and that's after a slow start. Still, we can hope.
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby *Emz* » Thu May 26, 2005 8:26 am

Um...hi people!
*Emz*

Postby Baak » Thu May 26, 2005 12:34 pm

Heya *Emz*! What's up? :D

We're prepping for the Myth World Cup - everyone seems very excited... :)

Are you in the UK? I assumed this based on The Elfoid, but wanted to be sure. Where in the UK? What's it like?

Right now I'm in the Midwest temporarily but have been living near the Rockies for the past seven years out in the boonies. Lots of 13,000 ft mountains, black bears, and elk. Looks a bit like some of the Wild West movies you see...
Baak

Postby Miltiades » Thu May 26, 2005 1:24 pm

Baak Wrote:Right now I'm in the Midwest temporarily but have been living near the Rockies for the past seven years out in the boonies. Lots of 13,000 ft mountains, black bears, and elk. Looks a bit like some of the Wild West movies you see...

You forgot the infamous horsefly horde! Seriously, why do people visit the rockies? Some go for the mountains, some for the wildlife, but I went to feed the horse flies!

Milt
Miltiades

OoH Member<br />1000 Club

Postby Baak » Thu May 26, 2005 1:30 pm

Agreed - although we don't get them on our side of the mtns (we're closer to Santa Fe than Colorado Springs).

I'm originally from Northern California and definitely prefer it there. Miss the Pacific Ocean quite a bit... :)

P.S. At some point in the very near future I'm going to move this topic to the new Non-Gaming Forums category. Just a warning.
Baak

Postby vinylrake » Thu May 26, 2005 7:54 pm

Emz, please ignore Baak you know how men are, always bragging about the size of their mountains, or bears, or whatever.

btw, I live in New England (catchy name, eh?) and (to quote an unknown outside of RI musician/journalist) "I come from up north where we have trees taller than a man. No s***. And we have mountains even taller than the trees".
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Two Saks » Thu May 26, 2005 8:14 pm

I'm originally from Northern California and definitely prefer it there. Miss the Pacific Ocean quite a bit... Smile

Hey Baak - was just at the Pacific Ocean in Santa Cruz last weekend and it was fantastic, warm night, full moon, crashing surf. Man, after a night of music and celebration (big number b-day party always fun to be part of), some interesting converstaions took place while capping off the evening with a couple Alaskan Ambers....

SO, since you miss it so much I'll give you and update:

It's still really big and wet.
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Postby *Emz* » Sat May 28, 2005 7:34 am

There's a Myth World Cup?
*Emz*

Next

Return to Gabber's Corner