The CTF Gimble Challenge Ladder! Please join

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Postby princepawn » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:18 am

Omicron Wrote:
He was asking me, :) yes, I have gimble head to head.

Is it necessary/required that I join the google group?

Well, we need some means of communicating with each other.

I had asked the people at mariusnet for a sub-forum of tournament news, but have not heard back from them.

Do you have a better idea for a way of talking to each other, scheduling matches, etc?
princepawn

Postby vinylrake » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:45 am

A forum seems the best option.

If you can't get one at mariusnet in the timeframe you need I could set one up for you at mything.org. I can't guarantee I would keep it online _forever_ but I could definitely keep a forum up for a few months if that would help.

Or if you feel like being master of your own destiny you could set up a forum on http://www.makeforum.org/home.php. They let you create forums for free using the same software that Baak uses for the OoH forums and they provide a site for hosting the forum. (translation: they do all the hard stuff)
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Omicron » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:01 pm

princepawn Wrote:Do you have a better idea for a way of talking to each other, scheduling matches, etc?

No, but if it stays google based I would not participate in any match planning. I will give my email if you want.
omicron_117@yahoo.com :r2_127:

Edit: Huge changes.
Edit Reason: I'm stoopid.
Edit Justfication: I'm not that stoopid.
Last edited by Omicron on Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Omicron

OoH Special Guest

Postby princepawn » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:07 pm

vinylrake Wrote:A forum seems the best option.

I never have liked forums. Unless you automatically get all emails... email comes automatically. Forums you have to go check.

vinylrake Wrote:If you can't get one at mariusnet in the timeframe you need I could set one up for you at mything.org. I can't guarantee I would keep it online _forever_ but I could definitely keep a forum up for a few months if that would help.

Well, the mariusnet advantage is that they would not have to create another account.

vinylrake Wrote:Or if you feel like being master of your own destiny you could set up a forum on http://www.makeforum.org/home.php. They let you create forums for free using the same software that Baak uses for the OoH forums and they provide a site for hosting the forum. (translation: they do all the hard stuff)

Yes, I would go with makeforum over putting work on you... not only that, but I get permanance there.

But like I said, I am much more email-oriented than forum-oriented.
princepawn

Postby princepawn » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:09 pm

Omicron Wrote:
princepawn Wrote:Do you have a better idea for a way of talking to each other, scheduling matches, etc?

No, but if it stays google based I would not participate in any match planning, for that matter I would probably not participate at mariusnet.com either. Just if I am on when someone else is on. The only organized myth I am into is the Ooh game, and thats only cause its more fun than a barrel full of flying monkies. :funny to me:

It's fine if you want to only play when someone else is on. It's just your status might go inactive after awhile if you cant meetup with someone.

So dont feel any pressure just because you did not join the google group. Thanks for signing up and look forward to playing you sometime.
princepawn

Previous

Return to Gabber's Corner