Trouble on the Bridge

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Trouble on the Bridge

Postby Two Saks » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:34 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... Takei.html

I heard that Balek, Harry Mudd, The Horta, Charlie X and the Gorn where all invited. Maybe Shatner has a point.
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Postby Frumius » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:40 pm

I didn't look at shatner's youtube video, but I read his quotes in your link. He sounds like he's lashing out, for sure, but I also think that he truly is hurt that Takei has harbored ill will for 40 years. Mb Shatner was a camera hog and rude (I don't even know), but assume it was true... can there never be forgiveness? Sounds like he would have liked to have Takei's forgiveness after all these years. I don't really mean to defend him, I just feel saddened by this rift. It is too bad Sulu didn't invite Kirk to his wedding after all these years, given that they are at the point in their lives where they are running short on their remaining time. I hope they do come to terms with each other before it's over.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Baak » Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:28 am

lol - "Trouble on the Bridge"!

A little more than 10 years ago I read both of Shatner's books (got them as Christmas gifts): "Star Trek Memories" and "Star Trek Movie Memories". Knew they might be a little biased but overall found them really interesting. They ended up being quite entertaining and he talked about how he was during the series and seemed to be much more humble. I believe he and Scotty really didn't get along, but had no idea about Sulu.

I think his ego was a big thing during the filming of the show and is what is so beautifully done in GalaxyQuest (one of my favorite movies). It seemed like he really came around once the movies started rolling, which is similar to what happens in that movie.

My perception of the ego thing is the only person who had a bigger ego than Shatner was the guy who played Pike. I believe he wanted all kinds of stuff (production credit, etc.) and they turned him down, which is why he is only in the pilot and I believe why he is visible only in flashbacks in the subsequent episodes that reference it (brilliantly done imo). :: BOOP ::

Did I mention I found Pike's wheelchair in a couple of Mission: Impossible episodes? :)

So I don't know what the leftover stuff is from all that history, and obviously was never there, but it seems to me that by now all that stuff should be settled (either forgiven, forgotten, or talked about openly to reach that point). Life's too short to put a lot of energy into grudges, etc., imo.

Great to see you again, TS! :D
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby Two Saks » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:30 pm

Frum Wrote:I hope they do come to terms with each other before it's over.

Baak Wrote:Life's too short to put a lot of energy into grudges, etc., imo

Words of wisdom my friends. But not if you are a Klingon. Don't they like a certain dish served cold? ;)
Seriously, as a huge life-long fan of Star Trek, I would love to see a big group hug before they reach the final frontier. That was the implicitly cool thing about the series - that so much crap we live with now had to be overcome for them to even be out there rubbing elbow with gorns and metrons.

Galaxy Quest, lol! I have put that dvd on many times when feeling a little blue and it always puts wind in the happy sails.
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Postby Frumius » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:48 pm

TS, come play with us.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby vinylrake » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:53 am

Yeah c'mon TS, come out and play with us.

I'll even wear that outfit you like.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby vinylrake » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:28 am

Speaking of the roles Star Trek alumni have played in other films.... (what a seque, eh?)

Check out this description that popped up in my Netflix "Since you liked _____, you might also like _______" window the other day.

It's called "Mad Cowgirl".

"Director Gregory Hatanaka's twisted thriller stars Sarah Lassez as Therese, a health inspector whose progressively delusional psyche leads her on a surreal -- and bloody -- odyssey. To cope with her marital split, Therese takes up with a slimy televangelist (Walter Koenig), indulges her appetites for sex and beef, and obsesses over a kung fu TV show. Meanwhile, her meat packer brother (James Duval) may have infected her with mad cow disease."
vinylrake

Postby Baak » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:43 am

vinylrake Wrote:Speaking of the roles Star Trek alumni have played in other films.... (what a seque, eh?)

Check out this description that popped up in my Netflix "Since you liked _____, you might also like _______" window the other day.

It's called "Mad Cowgirl".

"Director Gregory Hatanaka's twisted thriller stars Sarah Lassez as Therese, a health inspector whose progressively delusional psyche leads her on a surreal -- and bloody -- odyssey. To cope with her marital split, Therese takes up with a slimy televangelist (Walter Koenig), indulges her appetites for sex and beef, and obsesses over a kung fu TV show. Meanwhile, her meat packer brother (James Duval) may have infected her with mad cow disease."

:lol: =D>
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby vinylrake » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:15 pm

I forgot to mention. Despite the surreal bloody rampage the woman in the film reportedly goes on, one reviewer felt that the most disturbing thing about the film was the intimate scenes between the protagonist and the much older Koenig. If you ever see me getting involved in a film project where because of my advanced age my intimate scenes will be the most disturbing aspect of the film, I hope you will at least let me know.

ps. I hope sharing this movie description doesn't forever taint any future movie recommendations I might make. remember, I haven't actually seen this movie.

yet.
vinylrake

Return to Gabber's Corner