Allo

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Allo

Postby Cypher » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:57 am

I'm Cypher™. I played Miff for many many years many years ago. I believe the only members of your clan I know are Frumius Mob and Global Killer, and I have to say Frum kept me playing Miff much longer than I would have. His dedication to having fun playing Miff is infectious. GK came around when I started to play Myth less, yet we always had fun playing together when I played.

I started playing Miff 2 during the beta (I beta tested for Bungie for a while before they went to M$), and started (Vae Victus) and joined a few clans and then stuck with The Fallen Bishops. We were a great clan with a lot of skill and we knew how to have fun. I played with and against the best players and had a lot of respect for the Miff community. I was tight with Clan Plaid and the bnet admins, and even met up with some of them here in Chicago for a Myth night. I also was fortunate enough to meet many Mythers at Bungie's Halo release party here in Chicago. Was neat being one of the first people outside Bungie to play Halo. More impressive was the turnout of Mythers. Many bnet admins were on hand and fun was had by all.

Sometime in 2002 Return to Castle Wolfenstein came out and I started my own Wolf clan and moved away from TFB which later merged into Imperium. I'm now a FPS freak, yet yearn for the days of innocence with Miff. Which brings me here. I hear there are a lot of retards on Mariusnet now. I'm gonna try and play some Myth and it would be fun to play with other mature, respectful players, so I would like to be considered for a special guest spot within the OoH community.

Thanks in advance for painful lessons in violence I'll be given. So... Rusty...
Cypher

OoH Special Guest

Postby Frumius » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:11 pm

Ahh, Cypher, it is good to see you over here!

I endorse Cy 100% as a Special Guest of OoH.

Yes: Cy, KC (who posted), and bryce are the three Imp friends I've recently been talking to about joining in our weekly fun games. Man, it is good to see it starting to happen.

Way back a couple years, there was even talk of Imp and OoH becoming closely connected, but it never amounted to anything.

Oh, Cy: Jungle Pickle is part of us over here as well, though he's been afk from OoH for a long time. He does drop by the Imp forums periodically, tho. Oh, and Procrast, though he can't remember Myth is anymore.

Make sure you have the Big Zips downloaded from the BattlePlan page. I think you already said (over at Imperium) that you had done that, though.

Wooho0!
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Re: Allo

Postby vinylrake » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:35 pm

Cypher Wrote:I'm Cypher™.

"Hi Cypher" <in unison says the mythaholics anonymous group known as 'OoH'>

Cypher Wrote:...I'm gonna try and play some Myth and it would be fun to play with other mature, respectful players, so I would like to be considered for a special guest spot within the OoH community.

Well, I am really not sure it's a good thing that you are expecting OoH to be 'mature' ('civil?', yes, 'polite'? usually. but 'mature'? the mind reels) but any friend of Frums is ... well, a friend of Frum's I guess.

Welcome Cypher, hope to keel you soon. While OoH doesn't rank in the top of the competitive standings (our plan is to rise to the top through longevity and other orders' attrition), we do have a whole lot of fun. <obligatory guitar slide> Whole lotta fun...
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Baak » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:51 pm

Welcome, Cypher! I've updated your status to Special Guest, which means you now have access to additional forums and the Special Guest Instructions.

Everything you need should be in there (and probably some stuff you don't need).

Let us know if you have any questions -- looking forward to some great games. :)
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Re: Allo

Postby Cypher » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 am

vinylrake Wrote:
Cypher Wrote:I'm Cypher™.

"Hi Cypher" <in unison says the mythaholics anonymous group known as 'OoH'>

Cypher Wrote:...I'm gonna try and play some Myth and it would be fun to play with other mature, respectful players, so I would like to be considered for a special guest spot within the OoH community.

Well, I am really not sure it's a good thing that you are expecting OoH to be 'mature' ('civil?', yes, 'polite'? usually. but 'mature'? the mind reels) but any friend of Frums is ... well, a friend of Frum's I guess.

Welcome Cypher, hope to keel you soon. While OoH doesn't rank in the top of the competitive standings (our plan is to rise to the top through longevity and other orders' attrition), we do have a whole lot of fun. <obligatory guitar slide> Whole lotta fun...

thanks for the welcome, I think :)
Cypher

OoH Special Guest

Postby Cypher » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:59 am

Baak Wrote:Welcome, Cypher! I've updated your status to Special Guest, which means you now have access to additional forums and the Special Guest Instructions.

Everything you need should be in there (and probably some stuff you don't need).

Let us know if you have any questions -- looking forward to some great games. :)

I will definitely check it out. Thanks!
Cypher

OoH Special Guest

Postby Frumius » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:10 pm

Hey, Cy and KC, make sure to check any new posts in the "BattlePlan Updates" forum below this one. Sometimes a map will be added to the BattlePlan; it'll be announced in that thread if/when that happens. If one gets added any given week, we're almost sure to play it a bit that week. I'll post this in KC's thread, too.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Cypher » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:05 pm

Frumius Wrote:Hey, Cy and KC, make sure to check any new posts in the "BattlePlan Updates" forum below this one. Sometimes a map will be added to the BattlePlan; it'll be announced in that thread if/when that happens. If one gets added any given week, we're almost sure to play it a bit that week. I'll post this in KC's thread, too.

Will do. I'm currently addicted to Fallout 3, so I'm afraid I may not make it to Myth for a bit. :(

We shall see. Saturday I got home late, played very little Fallout 3 and went to bed. I need to get Fallout 3 out of my system and then hopefully I'll be around for some Mything. :)
Cypher

OoH Special Guest

Postby Baak » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:23 pm

Heh - no problem - we all know about game addictions. ;)

When you get a chance, post a reply to my question on Fallout 3 in The Mudpit forum. I'm curious about the game.
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Return to Gabber's Corner