ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Postby sillek » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:15 pm

Alright ! I finally broke down and bought a new keyboard. So I no longer play Mass and eat pissa. I will play Mazz and eat pizza. Oh, and I have a left shift key now. So, I should be able to capitaliZZZZZZZe things properly.

Of course Logitech sucks ###### at supporting Mac..thanks a lot.
But kudos to Office Max for extending their sale into "Gray Saturday"
sillek

OoH Member

Postby lank » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:23 pm

excellent!
lank

OoH Member

Postby Baak » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:31 pm

Sweet! :D

I have a video card cooling fan that's making noise on startup occasionally. Gonna have to oil and/or replace it soon(tm). Second computer where I've had this happen -- amazing how a cheap little fan can make so much dang noise! Next time I'm getting a fanless one, and possibly a fanless computer.
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby vinylrake » Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:33 pm

Sill. Next time you go for keyboard replacement unless you are going for wireless (I know, I am probably the only non-laptop ooher still using a corded keyboard) you can just get any USB keyboard. I have a Kensington el-Cheapo keyboard that is working quite well. I was in a similar situation as you were, but my problem was that I couldn't detach units or rotate my formations (\ and arrow keys weren't functional on one keyboard and on the other keyboard where those keys worked the space key was intermittent at best).

$15 has reduced my frustration while playing myth to the point that now my frustration is only a result of my lack of skill.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Frumius » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:42 pm

vinylrake Wrote:I am probably the only non-laptop ooher still using a corded keyboard)

Me, too. I'm prolly the only one as well.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby lank » Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:08 pm

likewise. we all seem to be the only one. and my house mate, too. he's another only one.
lank

OoH Member

Postby Baak » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:25 pm

I'm the only one too. I'm not a big fan of wireless-everything. Mouse is wired too.
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby sillek » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:44 pm

I was using a wired Apple keyboard before this.
I've been using a wireless Logitech mouse since... 2002 ?

The mouse I really like being wireless because it's on top of the desk, right in the middle of everything. That lack of cord really helps. It'd always get tangled up with the headphones cord.

What I really wish was wireless is my iPod charger.
sillek

OoH Member

Postby Pyro » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:08 am

The only reason I'm not an only one too is because this wireless keyboard and mouse was a Christmas gift from my brother. If it was up to me I would lean toward with cords. Sure the way my comp was set up when I had a mouse with a cord was annoying.. but I dislike replacing the batteries on it every week or so. Maybe a wireless mouse that has some sort of charger would be better.
Pyro

OoH Member

Postby sillek » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:49 am

The Logitech mouse that I have had for years has a recharge dock. I've changed the recharge-able batteries twice since I got it in..2002 ? 2003 ? I know I was using it for MWC 03.

I'm kinda BLAHHHH about this keyboard using standard AA.
sillek

OoH Member

Return to Gabber's Corner