MWC on Wikipedia!

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

MWC on Wikipedia!

Postby Frumius » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:39 am

I can't believe it! That is, I doubted it strongly when I typed "Myth World Cup" into the Wikipedia Dashboard Widget*. But you may believe it now too, for up popped what looks to be a whole lot of info about the Myth World Cup and the Myth series in general. Lol.

Omg, waitaminit! Does this mean that Myth is actually Real Life? Ohhhhhhhhhhh........ Now that is truly a question of existential proportions.

*Regarding Dashboard, I initially thought it was relatively useless (though nifty) but I have since found some very cool and useful widgets that have made Dashboard into a very handy, very quickly accessible, manager for all kinds of very useful information, and already hundreds of widgets are available. To find out if MWC were on Wikipedia, I hit F13, typed "Myth World Cup" into the Widget's text field, and presto! No web browser, bookmarks, or url-typing at all. And OS X 10.4, which you need for Dashboard, is behaving sooo well (as OSX always has for me.) I have had 0 glitches (read: plays Myth fine ;) ) in the upgrade, for anyone who may be considering it. Man, I love OS X! I can't believe I used to luv that old ho, OS 9.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Re: MWC on Wikipedia!

Postby vinylrake » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:37 am

Frumius Wrote:Omg, waitaminit! Does this mean that Myth is actually Real Life? Ohhhhhhhhhhh........ Now that is truly a question of existential proportions.
Well technically, all the wikipedia is is a bunch of bits stored on some computer somewhere, so first you need to resolve the issue of what constitutes "existence" for something you can't directly see, touch, hear, smell or taste.

I have had 0 glitches (read: plays Myth fine ;) ) in the upgrade, for anyone who may be considering it. Man, I love OS X! I can't believe I used to luv that old ho, OS 9.

Hey watch it man, that "old ho" is my daily companion. fyi, some us still prefer experience and knowledge over youth.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:20 am

vinylrake Wrote:Hey watch it man, that "old ho" is my daily companion. fyi, some us still prefer experience and knowledge over youth.

I really can't stand OS9 when I go to my gran's place, I'm OSX all the way. I can sorta see the attraction tho. Sorta.
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby vinylrake » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:24 am

The Elfoid_TFS Wrote:I really can't stand OS9 when I go to my gran's place, I'm OSX all the way. I can sorta see the attraction tho. Sorta.

Oh I will grant you that OS X is cool, and shiny and has much more sex appeal, but OS X is kind of like the Super Mega Grocery Store that gets extruded from the mother ship which everyone dresses up for like stepford wives in case they run into anyone they know while they are shopping and OS 9 is kind of like the family run grocery store down the street where everyone shops in t-shirts and jeans and that hasn't changed it's interior since about 1980 (the store, not the patrons).

Seriously though, the attraction for OS 9 is much larger if you have 5-6 year old hardware that runs OSX much slower than newer hardware and your vast collection of nifty software you could never afford to replace (even if you could find OS X versions) is pre-OS9 and runs wonkily if at all under the OS9 emulator in OSX.

I'll probably move to OS X about the time Apple migrates over to Intel hardware. That way I can get obsolete hardware and software at bargain prices and continue my tradition of living in the technological past.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby sillek » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:39 am

I'm at 800MHz/512MB/32MB and my hardware has been outdated for two years...
All it can do is make Photoshop lock up and run Myth II at 20-30FPS. Oh..it runs AIM alright as well.
sillek

OoH Member

Return to Gabber's Corner