Mirror of Creation

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Mirror of Creation

Postby Baak » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:18 pm

Once upon a time...

Clem of Creation graciously gave me permission to host all the Creation maps/plugins on the OoH site (just before the end of PlayMyth back in March 2007). Amazing, eh? I thought it was pretty neat, especially since he and I had our little differences once upon a time (seems like a lifetime ago, really). I've always respected the work he and Creation did, and didn't want to see it vanish. It's an impressive body of work and part of Myth History imo.

Part of the discussion I had with him was about mirroring the original Creation sites: Creation Games, The Seventh God, and his site, Clemapalooza.

It's taking me a while to get to this due to work/life demands, but after a thread on MariusNet came up regarding "Maps by Clem?" and the Myth III maps of his/Creation's which I include in the Myth III BIGZIP file on the OoH site (complete with original documentation/manuals), I decided I'd take a look at just how complicated it would be to get the sites mirrored relatively quickly.

Well, long story short (yes please!), I took a day off of work since it was minus-8 degrees F here this morning (good excuse, eh?) and whipped out a good chunk of the mirrors.

Basically, I did them in reverse: the Clemapalooza site is up with downloads, as well as the awesome The Seventh God (with the updated 1.4 version in both zip and 7-Zip formats). I'm working on the Creation Games site (there are some intertwined download links on it, so it will take me a little longer).

So here they are - remember that some links will be broken forever, but many will work (and the Creation Games ones will be improving over time when I get a chance to work on that site more thoroughly):

Let me know if you find hidden problems (other than broken links on the Creation Games site). The Creation Games site may go to entirely .php pages (from .html) to properly tie it in with the OoH download database. I'll announce it on this thread when/if it does.

I also plan to someday(tm) release a completed version of an uncompleted map Clem gave me permission to finish. Kewl, no? I'm thinking of waiting for Oak and Patch 1.7 to really make it something interesting. It's a beautiful map imo and high on my "Myth To Do" list.

Clem gave me permission to host it all - including downloads - on the OoH site, but expressly said that none of the material was to be hosted anywhere else. Thus none of it is on The Tain, nor should it be posted there (or anywhere else). So just grab the downloads from the OoH site and enjoy.

I'm very pleased he gave the go-ahead for me to host it all, because to me I believe they should be available for people to play -- they're all too dang good to have disappear.

So enjoy and Happy Holidays everyone! :D
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby vinylrake » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:14 am

Great work Baak! (as always)

Slight clarification to the Creation content not allowed to be posted anywhere but OoH clause - through your interceding on my behalf Clem did give permission for me to mirror the webpages that are the 7th God manual (readme) at mything.org. They can be found at http://mything.org/maps/readmes/seventh-god/manual.html

Again, great work - it's nice to finally have these files available for download again.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Baak » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:18 am

vinylrake Wrote:Great work Baak! (as always)

Slight clarification to the Creation content not allowed to be posted anywhere but OoH clause - through your interceding on my behalf Clem did give permission for me to mirror the webpages that are the 7th God manual (readme) at mything.org. They can be found at http://mything.org/maps/readmes/seventh-god/manual.html

Again, great work - it's nice to finally have these files available for download again.

Thanks - you are absolutely right on your being ok'd as well for content (and probably if I and the entire OoH site was abducted by aliens). I'll clarify this on the posts on MariusNet and Magma during my next update.
Baak

Postby Baak » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:36 pm

Had a request for the mp3 soundtrack files which were once available on the TSG site, so I incorporated them into the TSG Downloads page along with two other Desktop images I had (to bring them to a total of five).

Let me know if there are other desktops available and I will post them.

Also - I am missing one mp3 that is the one mentioned on the old news from the front page and the prophecies pages. It's the level one narration and I've seen it as:

TSG_Level1audio.mp3
01_narration.mp3

but cannot find it in any of my archives, the site mirror, or anywhere on the web (including the wayback machine).

Does anyone happen to have one of these two files? :)
Baak

Postby vinylrake » Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:09 pm

baak - you don't need to update anything on mariusnet or anywhere else, my note was just more a reminder for you in case the issue came up (highly unlikely I am sure). seriously - happy to have you leave your announcements just as they are.
vinylrake

Postby Pyro » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:41 pm

I think someone else has a similar permission as you Baak. According to DA, Tarous Zars has it.
Pyro

OoH Member

Postby Sonixboom » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:50 pm

cool i love all things created by creation (no pun intended)

-Sonixboom
Sonixboom

Postby vinylrake » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:49 pm

nada.
vinylrake

Postby Baak » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:36 pm

Ok - I finished going over the three Creation sites in more detail.

The Clemapalooza main page has now gone from index.html to index.php to allow for direct downloads of the plugins on the left (you may have to refresh the page once if you have gone to the index.html one).

Things should be pretty well updated now. :)

Let me know if you find anything odd/broken (after first refreshing any page to be sure you have the final version).

Cheers!
Baak

Return to Gabber's Corner