How many members has OOH had in total?

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Postby sillek » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:50 pm

I don't think I have to worry about that in this situation ..
sillek

OoH Member

Postby vinylrake » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:05 pm

Frumius Wrote:Does the easier thing always get you as far?

Putting aside your disgusting misogynistic worldview, if by "thing" you mean female, then yes, the easier "thing" always gets you as far.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Two Saks » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:49 pm

LOL this thread has taken on a new life. When I see the word "misogynist" (sp?)- even in gest - I duck like a mother*$*%$&. The world is unfair, in so so so many ways...

Aye.

Um my 3 cents.

I know nothing
I know nothing
Lobo is that apple strudel???

Hey Elfoid...you gonna field a team with more than 3 players this year? I think all of us at OoH had a great time playing the TFS last MWC, but felt a little bad keeling you all when you had such a small team.

Actually we didnt feel bad at all (it's in the H'Pak code to be rather merciless with a smile) but are curious if we meet again, will you have more players?

Oh yeah VR - cannot agree more. It's all about FUN. :D
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Postby vinylrake » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:47 am

TS - don't worry about PC words like misogynist (I refuse to look up the spelling) - if you can't have a little fun with a word so loaded with connotations that's it going to offend someone what can you have fun with? Embrace your inner non-PC-ness. Stand tall and refuse to be whipped by groups of people who use victimhood and oppression to manipulate and control their "oppressors".

Besides, I refuse to call myself a misogynist, I prefer the more gender accurate Misterogynist. (which now that I think about it sounds a little like a cult based on Mr. Rogers)
vinylrake

Postby Frumius » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:42 am

Actually, to avoid any specifics in social status, I believe that the current socially conscious (SC; PC is no longer considered SC) form of the word is "msogynist."
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby vinylrake » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:54 am

Actually, I think the term "Socially Conscious" is more Politically Correct than even PC was. It obscures the truth - that "Social Conscious" is merely a permitted way of speaking and referring to things. It is NOT an "awareness" of issues and a conscious thinking through of words and language as implied by 'conscious' - the originally intent was good I am sure, but these days it is little more than a mandated acceptable set of language - code words.

It should be called "Socially Allowed", as in "The Socially Allowed term for 'feminazis' is 'Historically Gender Oppressed Persons with Strong Opinions'".
vinylrake

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:59 pm

sillek Wrote:Sorry, but the way you came off was that you were halfway [note: not fully] "bragging". You sounded like you were comparing numbers or something. Personally, I think 40+ members for an order that is..how old ? Less than two years ? For an order of that age, it's way too many. Maybe you need a better recruitment process.

I'm not trying to be a jackass. It's just easier to speak my thoughts rather than BSing.

NP. We getting more steady now. Year + 3 months of age. Only myself and Doug from the first 4 months I think, he's been in from the start.

We got about 10 players in MWC this year. Should fill it up.

We have lotsa ppl cuz we take in newbs, and they often leave.
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby Two Saks » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:51 pm

Embrace your inner non-PC-ness.

VR, no problems here :D

I did a really bad job of sarcasm on the prior post, I've been on a non-PC crusade for years, hence the "ducking" reference whenever a touchy subject comes up. Around here (SF Bay Area) this can be a rather dangerous endeavor. I grew up here and still choose to remain, I love it - but it is and has been a major PC hotbed - so I feel comfortable being critical cause it's like family. But Geez, simply playing a reasonable devils advocate can bring down hell (kinda fun though). I truly don't like rude, insensitive A-holes. But I dislike a PC Big Brother even more.

HEY!!! we should make a PC plugin. All units would pass the rigorous standards of current Political Correctness! ideas???
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:01 am

I posted our stupidly complicated history :O
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby vinylrake » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:18 am

Well for starters, a 'PC' (or SC) plugin would have to change the skin color and gender of all units to a statistically representational picture of the world population at large, instead of "attacks" to kill each other units would have to use compassion and understanding to work out their differences, and we couldn't call the bad guys "Dark" because that is a color based bias which unfairly targets people of color. We would have to call undead "the living challenged" and it would have to replace the negative descriptions of evil units with more generic descriptions which took into account their point of view. Of course we would have to get rid of terms like "evil" together and just call the evil hordes "peoples with an alternative moral base".
vinylrake

PreviousNext

Return to Gabber's Corner