Welcome to OOHTOWN?

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Postby addictwtji » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:11 am

@ VR part 1: been on a "your mom" rant lately and you hit the crosshairs. nice attempt at a failed comeback but the only "comeback" thats come from your side of this world was when your mom called me and asked me to "comeback" to her cuz she missed me. gf.

@ VR part 2: I was actually trying to tread a line here to see what was and was not considered appropriate. Send me a PM of what needs to be blanked out and I'll gladly oblige, I wasn't entirely sure when I wrote it but I figured this was a decent way to find out, especially since if I'd sent it to you before you woulda "hazed the newb" part 2 with the magic edit wand. thx for the support :P

@ frum: adren used to play the same trowless matches with the old group back in the good old bungienet tfl days. He was good back then, havent really tested him out since i first logged in and was incredibly rusty and learning the m2 thing but that match was pretty even. I think if we did it again today I would wipe him all over the map (and you can tell him that if you like) because I've had some time to get used to the pseudo-cb physics offered by vtfl. I was talking to rabiez a while back, he used to CB lots too after we moved to mnet and he apparantely did the beta testing for vtfl cb. He's obviously really good at it because he told them what to change and what not to change. He still has insane reverence for me because he claims I'm the only one who ever beat him. I think its a lie (i'm sure many other people beat him) but he still sidesteps every challenge now so I musta scarred his psyche pretty good =)

If you are an amateur I will help you become a master, just find me (I'm often lobby trolling) or message me (on here because I get the email notification) and I'll gladly show up and show you what's what.

@ VR part 3: Welcome to myth. I've seen you play and thought somebody should show you a thing or two about the way things work around here. Let me lay it out for you.
1) we show reverence for people who are CLEARLY better than us. This means I get to be a jerk to everybody and you will pay me nothing but respect. Chittering monkey, on the forums he thinks himself so tall. And when he tries reach for high branch, he suffers the epic fall. GF VR.
2) CB domination is not open for debate. Put your money where your mouth is and slap me around a little bit. I will even let you hide in the water and i will STILL beat you with 0 losses. I base this on the assumption that you are incapable of noob clicking a dwarf standing 1/5 of a screen away from your 2 fetch, therefore you must not be able to cb any better. Welcome to myth, there is a starter guide for newbs thread on the mariusnet forums. I suggest you check it out. GF again.
3) we play nice on these forums. That means you can either chastize me and disregard everything stated above on these forums or you can attempt* to shut me up in game and save zeee feeelmz. GLA AND HF DYING LULZ.
4) You need to stop with the lingo and either speak in 1337sp33k or plain english. Please keep the tourettes-induced spasms of "good buddy" and "seventy threes" to yourself. Just remember that in a cb fight your entire army will be considered an MRE and my duffs shall feast upon ye.

GG VR. DAC 17, VR 1 (you won a small skirmish in the haze, see I can be fair and understanding)

@ sil: you are afk ALL THE TIME so you need to jump on aim or something once in a while so I can pull you back out of the abyss that is your mind and into MOAR MAZZ GAMES!
addictwtji

Postby vinylrake » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:38 pm

dacman,

why do you have to be so mean?

to your points (at least some of them, I fell asleep partly way through your post-graduate dissertation)

1) Yeah I do need the newbie guide. In fact that's why I made custom bacon balls. My goal was to completely remove the element of skill from the game so I could win ffa games once in a while. . It took me about 20 different attempts at creating various Balls of Death, but I finally hit on one that takes NO skill - the Drifting StunBall of Death. (so, is calling me a newb the best you can do? huh? is it?)

2) my mom is a really nice lady and she has standards and I know she wouldn't hang around with the likes of you, so you should really stop saying bad fings about her if you know what's good for you and you don't want me to punch you in the head. Besides even if she didn't have standards and slummed with you, my dad, the ex-professional mexican wrestling star "El rastrillo del vuelo de la condenación" (or in English "The Flying Rake of Doom" - named because his hands are so large his outstretched fingers as he 'flew' toward his opponents from the top of the post looked like garden rakes) would pwn you so bad the only game you'd be physically able to play would be Tamagotchi - and you would lose that too.

3. CB duel? Funny lingo? Why are you talking about dwarves and fetch? Do you want to have a CB or not?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens'_band_radio

Oh appropriate forum/game language - I think your language was quite close to the line but not over for specific word use - might be _slightly_ over the line for subject matter/allusion - mb Frum or HedgeSnake could address that as they are the guardians of the ooh members in question. We generally steer clear of using innuendo laden verbs, though we are freer with nouns as long as they aren't explicit. I actually just made that up, but I think it might be true.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Frumius » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:03 pm

Dac, we're not the hardcore guys you may find most often in mnet lobbies. We're relaxed. You're coming on real strong.

http://www.orderofhpak.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=348

Skim the House Rules: http://www.orderofhpak.com/HPakHouseRules.html -- to me the most important parts are:
1) Be Polite;
2) Never give the PW to anyone (this isn't just any pw'd game);
3) Be in synch with the BattlePlan, the point of which is to allow us to smoothly play one plugin after another with NO synch-related delays (I'm famous for social-related delays (too much between-game gabbing and letting others converse too much.)
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby addictwtji » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:31 pm

Im shocked you dont think i'm relaxed!

okay okay let me go ahead and elaborate a little more.

Banter with VR is for entertainment purposes only, just as banter with anybody else is too. I'll explain to you where I'm coming from.

I'm and oldschool rankwhoring TFLer who has calmed down quite in abit in the 7 years or so of downtime. I'm not good at myth anymore, nor do I care to be, but I still have friends from back then who are. Many mythers hate people like adrenaline and kirk, adren's been a buddy of mine since right around the time i started playing and he's kinda been showing me the ropes and the people since I came back. It's been kinda weird, I can get along and fit in with most any group because even though I s00k I still know the right people. I even had the pleasure last night of having kirk drunk dial me with a phone number he procured after I friended him on facebook. talk about random.

I'm not wound up tightly if that's how it comes across here. In fact, myth is less fun when you're playing with people so tightly wound that they scream and get angry over nothing at all. Industry hit my wank list after he was screaming at me that my ranger wasnt doing enough after we lost everything else on mazz an hour into the game. GKG is a firend of mine, there's all sorts of friendly competitive banter but I cannot be ont he dude's team in regular games because he gets way too irritated way too easily. Adrenaline has more patience with me because of our 10 yr old friendship, and lately im sucking less lol.

VR hazed me and i took it as an invitation to bring on the banter. its 100% friendly, i mean if it wasnt im sure he would have said something. Frum I dont know you at all and you havent opened yourself up to the banter so you havent seen it... yet!
addictwtji

Postby sillek » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:26 pm

addictwtji Wrote:
oh and sil, its not that I dont love you man, cuz ya know, there's that whole bromance thing goin on there but, i totally need you to show up and control mazz in our games cuz i gotz no idea what im doing with it lol.

Download this:
Click here for PC version
Click here for Mac version

I am on server "hl.udogs.net" or "hl.projectmagma.net" 24/7. Let me know when you have a game.

And I thought everyone was in love with hmp ? Or is he abscent and I am his lame replacement ?
sillek

OoH Member

Postby Frumius » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:31 pm

I wasn't sure whether that were a smile behind your beard and mustache or not. Glad it was :).

...Or is that a beaver you have up close to your face?

I wouldn't go much further than that here.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby addictwtji » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:36 pm

!!!!!!!

im going to have to go re-edit all o f my edited posts and take away frum envy as a reason on mnet. and who told you i had a beard right now OMG VR GET THE CAMERAS OUT OF MY HOUSE!

@ sil - hotline too?! ive already got aim icq and yahoo running almost constantly. i cant believe you want me to litter my hard drive with more stuffs. as far as hmp goes, he's good at capping but he's got about as much personality as a loaf of bread. at least i can look forward to seeing my armies renamed, although that one loss we had when you played lancegames across the map wouldnt have happened with hmp :P what an epic fail that game turned into :(
addictwtji

Postby sillek » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:44 am

I also use 'xx sillek xx' for AIM as well as what's in my profile.
I switch.

Hotline has other Mazz players to recruit, though.
A group of us hang out there.. it's not a messenger, it's a server we join so we are all in there..not random like messengers.
sillek

OoH Member

Postby Baak » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Dac: I've updated your status to OoH Special Guest, which means you now have access to additional forums and the Special Guest Instructions.

Everything's in there (and I do mean everything), which is a lot easier than all of us shooting information at you left and right.

Not that it won't still happen (looks sideways at Frum)...

Let us know if you have any questions. 8)
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

welcome spa

Postby Spa » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:00 pm

allo fellas. Seeing Frum the other night - and him seeing my Fellowship of Stonehiem player tag (my GfH tag was out to the cleaners) - he suggested I stop by to find out if you guys have a secret handshake or some such.

If you have gaming nights planned, and need a warm body with a comprehensive knowledge of myth charm, grace, and witicisms, perhaps I can get a bump in social status and any password(s) that accompany it.

cheers...see you online.
Spa

OoH Special Guest

PreviousNext

Return to Gabber's Corner