Mega Wight Blast (I have feelm!)

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Mega Wight Blast (I have feelm!)

Postby Frumius » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:40 pm

What a blast last night!
Monstertool got the heck blasted out of him by wights one time last night, as I'm sure anyone who was there will recall :p

I have the 11 second (3Mb) film here: WightBlast!(.mov). If you have QT 7 I think it'll work, mb not with earlier QT because I compressed it with the new H.264 stuff which I think is new to QT7. I just tried it from this link and it played inside Safari. I'm sure it could be compressed more efficiently, but I'm a newb at that. I did it with iMovie.

What we see in the film is MT's cluster of melee fidgeting away in ignorance as 3 of TS' wights approach, closely followed by one of his own wights and one of mine. Needless to say, when TS blew his trio we had a major wightout!
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Two Saks » Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:44 pm

we had a major wightout!

Very funny Frum! Thanks. That was one of those "once every 1000 games" wight hits. I was sure they were gonna get nailed before they hit MT army mass...so when I got into range, I was barely able to press "T" was so excited, :D

What was really funny, it seemed MT's wight was unconsiously following the other wights towards the main group, like there's some kinda wight Pied Piper pulling them to the same pus filled super nova.

MT - didnt even know you were in that corner, just sent the wights towards the corner to squirrel them away or maybe get lucky running into something. I was reeling from a battle with Q (man, I've said that many times before), checked back on the wights approaching your army and said holy chinga! Totally lucky but hilarious to watch. Keel me next Sat :p
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Postby Monstertool » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:42 pm

I keel u next time TS for unleashing a devastating wight attack on me, i actually had thought frum did it during the game, cuz i didin't even see the the attack happen. i just heard castualties then i looked back at my guys, and OMG there was nothing left but a pile of dead body parts. i was busy chasing after NKI and had him pushed to the corner of the map. and compleltely didn't pay attention to what was going on behind me. i just watched the film a little earlier tonite, and OMG you really did get me good TS. you'll be on my list for next week TS :D i keel u
Monstertool

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Baak » Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:51 pm

OMG this was a great film to watch! :D

It's funny to watch MT's Wight follow TS' pack of three, and then Frum's Wight tries to cut in... LOL MT! You had one wounded Warrior that decided to leave rather than sacrifice himself! He walks right in front of the Wights and heads off into the orchard! :lol:

I read about a study on the intelligence of birds that described how vultures near minefields learned that deer would eventually hit a mine and thus deliver a free lunch. They would sit on barbed wire fences around the minefields just waiting for the next blast.

For some reason this popped into my head as Frum descended on MT... ;)

Then one of MT's last Archers decides to walk in front of his own Warlock rather than face the descending horde... I could hear him muttering, "To H*** with this - I'm outta here!"

But the star of the film was definitely the Ball! OMG that is SO FUNNY to watch slightly sped up! Guys keep dropping like flies (it's especially funny in water).

MT's Wight blast that *almost* took out all of TS' Dorfs and Frum's Wight blast *right* in the middle of a perfect circle of TS Zerks were other highlights.

Man, what a game. :)

P.S. I'll post the films as soon as I get them organized.
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby Two Saks » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:42 am

yep, it was a hell of a game. I think all of us were just trying to do the wight thing.

Baak - *almost* is good only in horseshoes and hand grenades ;)
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Return to Gabber's Corner