The Winter Series Tourney Needs Teams

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

The Winter Series Tourney Needs Teams

Postby Frumius » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi, all

Enigman wrote to me -- and to a few others for whom he found contact info at the MWC site -- inviting people to form teams and join in th Winter Series Tournament. Seems they'd like a few more to flesh it out.

Enigman, in his email, Wrote:this tournament the winter series is about to end registration and we are still short some teams. it would be really tight if u could assemble your crews and register a team in the next few days

heres the website

http://tws.vitalsinerecords.com/tourney/index.php

I told him of my current wrist woes, and he asked if I'd pass this along to my bros. Mb some of you want to join? He said that one could still be a good trower with one hand...
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby vinylrake » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:10 am

yeah, I had a couple of people hit me up about OoH fielding a team. I told them we generally don't do team competitions other than MWC because ooh is a notoriously difficult group to organize - like the proverbial herding of cats - so I wasn't going to be organizing a team.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:49 am

vinylrake Wrote:yeah, I had a couple of people hit me up about OoH fielding a team. I told them we generally don't do team competitions other than MWC because ooh is a notoriously difficult group to organize - like the proverbial herding of cats - so I wasn't going to be organizing a team.

If it makes any difference in that regard VR, the player cap is 10 because Par felt teams like OOH might be "intimidated" by the idea of trying to sign up 14.
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby vinylrake » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:15 am

The Elfoid_TFS Wrote:If it makes any difference in that regard VR, the player cap is 10 because Par felt teams like OOH might be "intimidated" by the idea of trying to sign up 14.

thanks but not really elf, I would be "intimidated" at the prospect of trying to signup 6 ppl. And since it's a 7v7 tournament... (besides I thought paris reduced the #of players to try to force more teams into existence? That sounds a lot more likely than that he was concerned about OoH who never participate in off-season tourneys)
vinylrake

Postby Dantski » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:16 am

Pity if you guys who wanted to play didn't.

If there's interest, I'd leave my team and join you guys to help out! Maybe I could grab a couple of nice people too to join.

Tell me what you think (only keep it PG rated)
Dantski

OoH Special Guest

Postby vinylrake » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:24 am

I'd be willing to play on a team if one were to spring into existence that was willing to let mediocre players join. I had thought of posting on TWS that I was looking for a team, but didn't really feel like dealing with people telling me i s00k or getting put on a team as joke and then never getting to play.

then again, i hear they are doing some kind of rabble-pick-up team of random players assembled on gamedays - at least in the QR.
vinylrake

Postby Frumius » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:00 am

Thanks, Dant, I'd love to play on a team with you again.

It wansn't clear earlier in this post, but my "wrist woes" referred to a broken left wrist, an injury sustained during a match of that notoriously dangerous sport, ping pong. I leapt out of the way so my doubles partner could take his shot, trippd on something, and bent my wrist on the carpeted (fortunately) floor. A non-displaced fracture of the distal radius resulted. I'll prolly have this cast for a month.

I can't flatten out my left hand to use all my fingers on the keyboard, not without pain. So my typing is by touch on th rt side and by th edge of my middle finger on the left. Hence those missing "e's."

I had my son's 7th-8th grade basketball team sign my cast, which is black, in silver ink.
Frumius

I would love to join a team

Postby Spoon » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:25 pm

Hey Guys, I would like to join the team if a spot is open. I think registration ends feb 14th, so let me know if this thing is a go.
Spoon

OoH Special Guest

Postby Dantski » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:17 pm

Ok I'll register the team tomorrow so long as a couple things are agreeable with you guys.

1. I'd like to play at 6pm CST (midnight GMT) at absolute latest. Preferably 1-2 hours earlier.

2. Asked Dac and golemz if they were interested, Dac said yes but didn't want to commit to showing up a lot and golem said he'd think about it. I'll probably ask ghengis and enculator too if thats ok.
Dantski

OoH Special Guest

Postby Frumius » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:01 pm

Wait -- I said I'd love to, but the part about my wrist was me saying I can't.

Spoon! You've resurfaced! Hmm, I'm used to the old surface, but I can get used to it. Anyway, you gotta come back to our reg OoH nights, man. But get in synch first. 'Course I'm out for a bit....
Frumius

Next

Return to Gabber's Corner