The Winter Series Tourney Needs Teams

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Postby vinylrake » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:58 am

Dantski Wrote:Ok I'll register the team tomorrow so long as a couple things are agreeable with you guys.

1. I'd like to play at 6pm CST (midnight GMT) at absolute latest. Preferably 1-2 hours earlier.

2. Asked Dac and golemz if they were interested, Dac said yes but didn't want to commit to showing up a lot and golem said he'd think about it. I'll probably ask ghengis and enculator too if thats ok.

Well, since you are the defacto founder and organizer of the team dantski I think you can ask anyone you want. The team doesn't even need to have the ooh stamp of approval unless it's actually named some variation on ooh. (I remember one mwc we talked about a FOoH team (Friends of OoH, motto "I Pity the FOoH!").

I am too lazy to look, but if games are on weekends that timeslot works ok for me (you might want to reschedule given this knowledge).

Dantski - if you are definitely going to start a team - let me know when it's set up and I'll send an email broadside out to ooH - might get a couple of interested people, much of OoH doesn't follow the forums religiously.

ps. Frum, stop being a wimp and join the team. you and Duff could play in tandem. he could be your lefthand man for the first week till you get your cast off. Granted a smart captain isn't going to give you guys the most crucial role, but you could do scouting / harassing / smaller unit assignments.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Frumius » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:00 am

vinylrake Wrote:ps. Frum, stop being a wimp and join the team. you and Duff could play in tandem. he could be your lefthand man for the first week till you get your cast off. Granted a smart captain isn't going to give you guys the most crucial role, but you could do scouting / harassing / smaller unit assignments.

Ahh, I remember fondly when Speed Racer and Racer X did exactly the same thing... except Speed was blind behind the wheel, while Racer X was with broken legs acting as the eyes. Remember that one?

OK, YES! I'll join and feel honored.

Just so long as we realize I can't play as yet. I'd also miss two weekends, March 7 and March 28 for Duffiek's basketball tournaments.

Login: frumius (if you need it.)
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby vinylrake » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:55 am

Given that I lurved Speed Racer when I was a kid I feel like I should remember that. Was the original, or the remade version from the 80s-90s?

One has to wonder what pressing circumstances forced them to drive that way - I mean is a race REALLY that important? Most likely they were racing through some remote wilderness/jungle area and had to battle the car acrobatic team or one of their other rivals.

oooh I found it! (at least the last 1/3 with the blind driving)

hah! And they ARE racing against the car acrobatic team!!! Or at least the last remaining CAT member 'snake oiler'. I r00l. But why does speed keep his eyes closed? Ok, and I get that speed has to be the legs, and racerx h as to be the eyes, but why does speed have to DRIVE too? Shouldn't RacerX be controlling the steering wheel? heh blind speed racer driving at 270 miles an hour down winding mountain roads! lol.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... D=33829777
vinylrake

Postby Dantski » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:27 pm

I posted on The Nine's forums to see if they had a few wary people interested. I figured their brand of fun should fit in quite well with you guys.

As for team name, I was thinking something along the lines of The Nine l33t guys of h'pak or something along those lines, I'm terrible with names though so I might register under another name if I come up with one.

And i'll definitely post here when its done!

Frum I am adding you regardless of how many body parts are shattered / not working, you don't duck out that easily! 8)
Dantski

OoH Special Guest

Postby Dantski » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:38 pm

ok registered, just 5 of us right now so tell your friends and your friends friends!

also could use team picture

signed us up as l33t really cool H'pak
Dantski

OoH Special Guest

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Look forward to playing you guyz
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby Frumius » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:32 pm

Who0T!
Frumius

Postby vinylrake » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:14 am

I created an email list and sent out an email to OoH members about the tournament - could some OoH member let me know whether you received the email or not?

thanks.
vinylrake

Postby Frumius » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:10 pm

It seems to be working. Should we make a team forum here?
Frumius

Postby Miltiades » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:41 pm

Hey all,

Sign me up! I can make 4 PST only if it's on weekends.

login: miltiades

Milt
Miltiades

OoH Member<br />1000 Club

PreviousNext

Return to Gabber's Corner