Mo's Bacon Bar

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Mo's Bacon Bar

Postby Baak » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:36 pm

Seriously. I saw them at Whole Foods yesterday.

There are a lot of exotic chocolates by this company, none of which I've tried -- yet. I'm into dark chocolate, so I'll probably avoid the milk chocolate ones (except maybe a mini one some just to see what they're like).

Here's more examples in various variety packs: A, B, C. Anyone tried any of these? If so, please pass on your experiences.

And, just in case you thought there weren't other novel ways of serving up bacon, check out these (aieeeeeee!):

Bacon Explosion :saywhat:

Chicken Fried Bacon :saywhat::saywhat::saywhat:
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby vinylrake » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:08 pm

ya know, I would say that sounds gross - it still does, but i can see how it might taste pretty good. bacon that has been on a plate with syrup drenched pancakes tastes ok, so why not chocolate?

Another combo that I tried about a year ago (at the urging of one of my kids who LOVES bacon - when I casually mentioned that Elvis used to eat Peanut Butter, Banana and Bacon sandwiches). Said sandwiches are quite tasty. Much like Fritos and Bananas (a longtime fave of mine - you take the big dipping fritos and use them to slice a piece of banana then either eat it like dip on a cracker or use two Fritos and one slice of banana and make a mini Frito Banana 'sandwich'.

yummmmm
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Baak » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:47 pm

Ha! That sandwich sounds pretty good. I rarely have bacon, but when I do I enjoy it with pancakes and real maple syrup - yum.

Think I'm gonna have to get some of the mini bars of this chocolate just to see what they taste like.

Another sandwich I used to love was banana, peanut butter, and honey. Couple years back I was really into crunchy almond butter and honey sandwiches -- yowza.

Time for dinner! :D
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby sillek » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:47 am

Don't like bacon.
sillek

OoH Member

Postby Frumius » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:37 am

Sounds like a steal.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Miltiades » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Baak Wrote:Ha! ::snip:: I rarely have bacon

Au contraire, you have several servings of Bacon every Saturday night!!! Or do you mean you rarely get bacon because you've been missing OoH nights lately?

Seriously, some of those dark chocolate bars look good but the prices are obscene. I think I'll pick up a pound of dark chocolate and melt it over the flavorings on my own. I'll let you know how it goes.

Milt
Miltiades

OoH Member<br />1000 Club

Postby Miltiades » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Hah! I just got Mo's Bacon bar from whole foods as a gag birthday gift. . . we'll see if she likes it! :)

Thanks for the heads up Baak!

Milt
Miltiades

OoH Member<br />1000 Club

Postby Frumius » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:23 pm

Awesome, Milt!

What a great pal: he sacrifices his girlfriend to assuage our curiosity. Make sure you record her reactions (rashes, nausea, etc.) Oh, and tell her thanks, too. If she comes across for you here, Milt, you know she's worthy.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby sillek » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:18 pm

Where in Milt's post did he mention giving it to his girlfriend ? All I saw was "she". Mother ? Sister ? Daughter ? Annoying bi^ at work ?
sillek

OoH Member

Postby LegacyTyphoon » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:45 pm

I dunno if I should be apalled, go buy some, or pre-emptively sit on the toilet for an hour.
I mean I understand the whole, massive amounts of meat and the sweet + salty thing. But...uh...yeah it just sounds odd, guess I have to try it now.
LegacyTyphoon

OoH Special Guest

Next

Return to Gabber's Corner