The History of TFS

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

The History of TFS

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:11 pm

I said I'd post it, and deemed it worthy of a new thread (!!!). It's deliberately over-serious, treating things like a historic legend of epic proportions. Still, its all true, and its STILL HAPPENING.

The History of The Forgotten Shadows - Part I: The Beginning
When Elfoid started playing Myth on 11/01/2004 he was pleasantly surprised. He had taken ages to persuade his dad to let him play Myth and had been disiappointed with MariusNet's empty halls. He made many friends, among them Bezzer and Doug. After he'd settled in a bit - March 2004 to be exact, Elf decided to found a clan. He'd heard it was good fun and wanted to become fully imerssed in the community, so he went ahead. On 20/03/2005, Elf founded TFS with Bezzer. Later that day, Doug joined. Thus a legend was born, and the great saga of TFS began.

The History of The Forgotten Shadows - Part II: The legend grows
TFS had been born, but needed to build up it's strenth - flesh out it's ranks with new members. The Elfoid went out on recruitment duty... The first new members were Gornock, a friend of Elf's, and Ghengis Khan, a friend of Bez's. Khan made very little effort to join the group and had dodgy English, and slowly faded away. After a fairly long period (about a month and a bit) of good service, Gornock also vanished. In a mass recruiting fest, Elfoid got Whightbeater and JonnieRico (now known as Bender). Neither stayed long, played much or spoke to any other than Elfoid and again, faded away. For MWC2004 in May 2004, Para-Keet joined the clan for the MWC team, and the main clan. He was a skilled player and lasted a good long time, serving us well in MWC. It was our first tournie, and our biggest so far. TFS couldn't play much because of lousy fallback time, but it was a blast. We tasted something special - that special something that puts Myth above the rest of the gaming world but is indescribable. MWC04 felt out of place in the normally quiet and small community. Some old guys came back for it - the thing felt like the last relic of a bygone age so there was some melencholy feelings around it.

The History of The Forgotten Shadows - Part III: Tournies and deepening difficulties
TFS had been in a tournie and was getting full and Elfoid had told many people of his great adventures. Beedle, Mazzakazza, Ferentix, Blackwood (aka HorrorWeen) and Stingergta (aka Dictionary Man, Sting0rz and Sigwa) decided to start playing Myth II and join the mighty clan of TFS. At around the same time one of our strongest players - MeeeesterBond joined us. He had been a good friend of the clan for some time and was a worthy adition to the crew, as was Tireces another new player at the time. Blackwood and Stingergta got bored, annoyed at the dated feeling of Myth's graphics and soon left. Beedle was never very active but still online often. Ferentix ended up making maps, logos and forums for the clan. We had problems with forums being destroyed but always managed to get back up on our feet again. Bezzer went inactive for ages, so did Doug and Tireces. Elfoid sent e-mails around rounding up the old gang. TFS was back - in force. Seeker StarPower, Fields of Carnage II - we fielded teams in both. Doug played in OPOP4 and someone was in The Cadre's WWII tournie as well. We never did well - except in OPOP4 where Doug got fairly far, so I'm told but we proved ourselves worthy players and kept our honour - except when time difference/evil fallback hours meant we couldn't play. It was then that TFS almost broke apart. Blackwood (Blackwood had just come back for a short spell) and Bezzer had a major falling out. This ended up with Blackwood quiting Myth permanantly, and Bezzer getting a LOT of shouting at from The Elfoid. Mazzakazza and Blackwood weren't getting on either but things were stable. When Elfoid argued with Bezzer, he and his new best friend Mazzakazza teamed up with a torrent of insults - Mazza hadn't noticed what was happening until afterwards. Bezzer got shouted at and things ended up OK.

The History of The Forgotten Shadows part IV: Rebirth
MeeeesterBond took a vacation to play World of Warcraft, but said he would return to us someday. He shall herald a new era of brilliance for TFS, as a king among men. Things were bleak. Para-Keet left us due to changing work hours, but still played a little Myth. Bezzer and Beedle discovered Half Life 2, Mazzakazza got back into some online text-based RPGs and Tireces left TFS to found IX (The Nine) a clan of n00bie players from Poland for the most part. We wished him luck and he did us proud, making a great clan with some of the best people on Myth in it. Kwamie joined and didn't really play much, but carried our name with his incredible skill for a time as well. The only pleasant surprise came in the form of Captain Kelp, a new player from Somerset who was incredibly cheerful ALL THE BLOODY TIME! Nice guy at hear tho aren't you Kelp (shame Chel seems to prefer me isn't it, but that must be my charm, good looks and incredible Mything talent. Never mind eh, there's plenty of other girls out there...just none like "your" Chel). All looked lost, when suddenly a massive surge of returning players from long ago or others who hadn't played since Bungie.net started playing. Golden God (Paris in Flames) was the first. He was followed quickly by Bender, JonnieRico back again - this time, for good. Skyline and GG's buddy Placid joined the parade. New era was upon the clan, times were good. Beedle, Bezzer and Mazzakazza returned. The TFS forums were reborn (again), so was the new website (work on a better one began at a slow pace as well) and a number of old enemies quit playing. Ferentix gave us some chat rooms to use. We got some decent new logos from Ferentix and the TFS map-pack (and GG's "With enemies like these" pack) were near release. Sorminon - a friend of GG's and Magne (RAMBO) from the great BME of MWC04 winner's fame (and plenty of other tournies, lucky gits) joined us as well. Kadre joined, though we never EVER see him online.

The History of The Forgotten Shadows - Part V: Gains and Losses
February - March 2005 we gained many new heroes and said goodbye to some old friends. Sormo, a friend of GGs showed up once in a while, but Wighty Jr was out. Gene, Death and the returning BobJingle. None were great players, and Gene was booted for inactivity. Deathbringer caused incredible problems and was booted, then booted a second time after he rejoined - againt my orderds. Sadly, GG left us, but we coped. He game back, then left again, along with Placid who wanted to quit 'this n00b clan'. Inactivity led me to re-boot BobJingle (who's initials are the same as 'blow-job' if you didn't know) and MeeeesterBond who hadn't played since Janruary. Killer Turtle voiced an interest in joining TFS2 when it was set up, as did other friends of Mazzakazza. We sadly learnt that Magne would not play with us in MWC, but he still made us rock in OMs. Paris in Flames came back to aid in OMs. Maccom, a 17 year old Irishman also joined the clan, a great player, and a real good WWIIer, fitting in with the group well. Beedle's cousin Simsy stared playing Myth, and wasn't really too bad.

The History of The Forgotten Shadows part VI: Children of TFS & Their Demise
Children of TFS, a clan twinned with our own was founded on 28th Marc 2005. The clan was led by Killer Turtle, Youngsy and Magical Trevor (DeathBringer). Death's total lack of respect, and then outrite mockery of The Elfoid led to him being banned from TFS. Simsy and fruehelf joined CoTFS, and all looked good. Bender went inactive, and TFS began planning MWC2005. Sormo got booted for inactivitiy, and Wighty JR started playing more, so now he is a true part of the TFS team. Beedle and Kelp went totally inactive, but Doug played more and the clan was sound. CoTFS shattered due to KT's refusal to accept my authority. KT made a new clan and Youngsy and MT joined PoTFS (Pimps of the Fat Slugs), let by KT, so Fruehulf joined us. Mazzakazza also joined, saying he was sick of the way I ran the clan. The clan fell apart from lack of members, skill and management skills, and Youngsy returned to TFS. TFS was again having good times, with a decent sized clan. Under the power of Magne, we achieved the rank of no. 1 order! The forums passed the 1000 post mark, and got some girls on them, bud sadly Mazza, one of the original 3 admins was forced to be banned, and there has been a forum breakdown to an extent. However, TFS no longer had trouble makers and was a solid clan. Punisher and Dagu, from Elfoid's school began to play Myth, and Punisher joined TFS, showing remarkable skill for one without experience.

The History of The Forgotten Shadows Part VII: MWC 2005
The plan for TFS and IX to join together, along with members of //Ç// was but a dream. Now TFS will go into battle with Elfoid, Doug, Maccom, Youngsy, Skyline and Wighty JR from its own ranks, along with Daeya, Palantir, Lothar and possibly Bartek. If //Ç// do not play, Horrible Hobbes and Blunt will join the team.To join us, contact theelfoid_TFS@hotmail.com
====
I didn't bother paragraphing the sections, since I had too much research to do to get this (old history, MSN convorsation records, my memory, saved films, tournie sites and screenies combined to make this) and was feeling lazy. It's quite impressive in some ways, a lot happened, but that's not exactly special. A young clan meant young, childish members, causing excitement, but we survived cuz I provided a mature core, with people like Doug and Bond around us. MeeeesterBond just came back, I'll put that in later.
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby Two Saks » Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:36 am

Ok, I saw the:

"The History of The Forgotten Shadows part VI: Children of TFS & Their Demise "

and thought about this movie I saw in the 80's called "Children of the Corn"

anyone remember that crappy movie?

Elfoid - you are missing part 8 -

The History of The Forgotten Shadows Part VIII: The Complete and Utter Oblivion Delivered by OoH in MWC05

ah, just a little pre-MWC chest thumping blah blah blah, I couldn't resist after the brief history you provided ;)
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:17 pm

Hey, we might not be in the same pool.

Do you have last year's films? I gotta re-dl them.
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Return to Gabber's Corner