Cap'n Crud!

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Cap'n Crud!

Postby Baak » Sat May 16, 2009 10:10 am

Saw this as I've been going back through Wacky Packages memories (yep, I'm old enough to have collected some of the originals when I was a kid).

I also recall that Two Saks had a Cap'n Crud sticker (in fact, it may have been what got me into collecting them in the first place!) -- I thought it was SO COOL!! I remember my favorite part of the sticker was the skeleton with a hat in place of the Quaker Oats guy.

I've been reading up on Wacky Packages lately, and was fascinated to read some of the history/trivia on that site. I never knew the stickers were done from original paintings (the art). The Cap'n Crud original painting is what this post is all about:

NEWS: (January 17th, 2006) new record high price paid for Wacky Packages original art on eBay. On January 17th, 2006 somebody paid $34,600 for the original art to Cap'n Crud, breaking the previous eBay record by about $9,000.

Cap'n Crud is one of the all time favorite wackys, there had been years of speculation and rumors regarding the whereabouts of the original art, until Topps themselves finally produced it and put it on eBay January 9th, 2006.
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby Two Saks » Sat May 16, 2009 5:40 pm

Cap'N Crud LOL!
"Tastes cruddy - even in milk"

PS: I ended up putting that sticker on my dog's food bowl, so it is now lost forever...
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Return to Gabber's Corner