anybody near cincinnati?

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

anybody near cincinnati?

Postby addictwtji » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:34 am

im moving there on wednesday... driving (ugh) and its going to be 30-40 hours in the car (depending on if i average 60 or 80!)

2200 miles and its a job offer bringing me there. i wanted to know if any of you knew anybody in the area that could let me know where to avoid and where to go, the job location is milford which is basically SE cincinnati. havnet seen anybody local to ohio, dont know anybody out there really but would really like to be able to talk to somebody to give me an idea of what to expect. i saw rent as low as 350/month (!!!!!) and the luxurious places all ran about 700/month. its confusing to me cuz around here if you get a 2 bed 1 bath place in the ghetto you can expect to pay at least 1200/mo so im spinning in circles wondering if that 350/mo place means i replace my car's windows every week and cant leavea nything of value in the car =)

help? let me know! thx =)

btw, hi spoon. the sharks still s00k. gunna kill me to be 2200 miles away from the home of my ducks :(

-d
addictwtji

Postby vinylrake » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:12 am

i have some ex-family in Columbus, but I think Cincinatti is on another planet (big state).

not the be-all end-all, but does googlemaps have a street view for Cincinnati? that could give you a geneal idea of what neighborhoods look like.

as for prices? really depends. on the east coast within a 300 mile range, you'd pay $1000 for a tenement closet in NY, in Boston $1000 that would get you a 2-3 bedroom apt in an older building but a decent neighborhood, and in Providence $1000 would get you a luxury condo right in the city with access to pool, fitness room, off-street parking, the works. real estate really could be that much cheaper than where you are and still not be in the midst of disputed gang territory.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Return to Gabber's Corner