Free Dell Printer

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Free Dell Printer

Postby Monstertool » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:30 pm

several months ago, when i got my new Dell computer, it came with a FREE printer. i really never print stuff at home, so it kinda sat in the box for the past 3 or 4 months. well this morning i decided that i needed to print some copies of my resume, so i take the thing out of its box. and plug it up to my computer and install the necessary software. Then attempted to print up my resume, OMFG that printer is such a peice of crap, no wonder they let you have it for free, so that way you can't return it for a refund. the thing doesn't print stuff on the pages right, like the peice of crap would leave some of the lines of text too light. trust me i tried everything, be being somewhat computer litterate and all. but nothing seemed to work, slowing down the print speed and raising the print quality seemed to almost make it print right, and i got like 9 good pages, before is started printing badly again. tomorrow this thing is going into a dumpster and into a landfill where it belongs. Word of advice to anyone getting a Dell computer, if you actually need to print stuff that you can read, don't get the free printer.
Monstertool

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Two Saks » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:40 pm

Not surprised to hear about the crappy free printer. I got a chincy Epson printer for "free" with my computer years ago. It limped along for a few weeks before it had an unfortunate accident with my baseball bat.

If someone is selling you something, Free = Crap from my experiences but maybe others have different. To quote a great modern Economist, "there is no free lunch". Apparently there is no free printer as well.
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Return to Gabber's Corner