Wights of Passage: The Assassin Health Twist

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Wights of Passage: The Assassin Health Twist

Postby Frumius » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:49 pm

I remember this great 3rd party map from TFL called Wights of Passage. Assassin was particularly interesting on it. When the assassin targets were killed, instead of eliminating the player, all his units would drop down to red health. So you still had a chance in hell to pull something out if it happened to you, and if you were the assassin you still had some work cut out for you. It's a great twist.

Is this possible in today's wacky world of plugs? The Assassin Health Plug.

I so request :)
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Baak » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:16 am

That sounds weally intewesting.

Sewiously though, the only way I can think of off-hand to do that would be for a specific map - i.e. you need to do some scripting to get it to behave that way - which is cool, but means you can't build a stand-alone plugin to play it on other maps.

Alas the game types are difficult to customize via plugins, which led to the koth flipper and balls o' fun, and subsequently to the uber-cool balls o' death - you can tweak a game ball somewhat because it acts as a "projectile" part of the time, and those can be tweaked.

But one never knows - now that the force known as VR has been unleashed upon the world of plugins...

:-k
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby vinylrake » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:58 am

Oh right, punt it over to me when things get difficult... <mutter><mutter>
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Frumius » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:00 am

I just wanted to say, we're all counting on you, vr.
Frumius

Postby Baak » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:33 pm

lol!! :lol:

Surely, you can't be serious...
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby vinylrake » Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:01 pm

Well, I will take that as a challenge. As soon as I finish the two projects I mentioned over on the "Myth Projects currently being worked on" topic on the magma forums I'll start working on the WightsOfPassage plugin.

In case you didn't see them, here's what I told them I was working on.

================

Posted: Mar. 17 2006,15:50
I am working on two projects right now.

The first one is an uber mega epic solo map campaign based on an ongoing war between Shiver and the Nine vs. Greek and WoW heros. This epic campaign will feature Marathon units, pack mages, and assorted Pokemon characters and ALL the units will be able to use WWII weaponry (using the inventory feature!). It's set in a Leggo-ized version of the Wild West, and the soundtrack is a sampled and remixed mashup from the 7th God and Jinn sountracks, and all the sound effects come from the original Batman and Star Trek television series, and OMG IZ S0 5W33T!

The second project I am working on is a Myth II combo conversion I call "Grand Theft Auto-matic Dance Dance Revolution", where you as one of the last surviving non-bio-warfare infected humans try to restore civilization by driving a souped up vehicle equipped with futuristic weaponry around city streets trying to kill as many fanatical homicidal cannibal zombie dancers as you can, but I am kind of waiting on the Myth III to Myth II Iron Trow unit conversion project to be completed before I go back to working on this one.

==========================
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Frumius » Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:49 pm

Wow, vr-- Let's have the lock blast sound like the old NCC-1701 Enterprise Photon Torpedo firing!

Mb you can do up the assassin thing real quick, then get back to those.

Oh, and stop calling me Shirley.

Btw, have you ever been in a Turkish prison?
Frumius

Postby Two Saks » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:19 pm

looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffing glue.
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Return to Gabber's Corner