Anyone want a free Visual Basic replacement?

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Postby Frumius » Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:07 am

Through some strange evolution, RealBasic has changed into WWII.

I used to play WWII occasionally, but haven't in prolly a couple years. But I'd check it out again on M3, if there is one for it. Could look pretty nice w/ M3's superior graphics.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Two Saks » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:25 am

I prefer battles along the lines of BraveHeart or something in the medieval or ancient civ (roman,greek,etc) vein, more one on one and up close and personal.

VR likes to see the fear in his foes eyes before he keels...this explains why there always seems to be a VR horde of thrall chasing. Seriously, I totally agree the less "modern" ways of doing game battle are more fun in general. Besides, if more mass destruction is in order, we always have Rocket Dorf Fest.

We've gotten as recent as the Wild West but I don't know if OoH has ever even "officially" played any WWII games.

A long long time ago (in a galax...oh forget it) Baak NKI and I played a few games of WWII, not sure if Baak made then official (see giant red stamp coming down on official requistite), it might have been before we bacame an official order??? Even some coop games with the plugin (wall of murithene where the trow are replaced by tanks). The graphics were very cool, but it was quite as fun as regular myth if I recall.

We also played some Alien Tide, which was crazy. Alot of very destructive units in that plugin. Worlds Collide got some good play too and once was in the H'Pak map rotation.
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Postby sillek » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:55 am

Some of you played an S-4 FFA on my map a few weeks ago.
sillek

OoH Member

Postby vinylrake » Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:19 pm

Two Saks Wrote:VR likes to see the fear in his foes eyes before he keels...this explains why there always seems to be a VR horde of thrall chasing.
Heh, I can think of units more fear-inspiring than Thrall, but you are right. I have such mad miff skillz and am so awesome that even my thrall are to be feared.
Two Saks Wrote:Besides, if more mass destruction is in order, we always have Rocket Dorf Fest.
Aha! THat's the plugin we need! A unit conversion that gives WWII units the rockets from RDF! w00t! This is gonna be sweet!
Two Saks Wrote:Worlds Collide got some good play too and once was in the H'Pak map rotation.
That wasn't all that long ago - at least I remember playing some so it can't have been *too* long ago.

*** Sillek, was the game on your map with the WWII units? If so, I must have missed that one - did you include the unit tags in your map so we don't need the tagset active?
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby sillek » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:45 pm

No tagset is needed
sillek

OoH Member

Previous

Return to Gabber's Corner