Anyone want a free Visual Basic replacement?

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

Anyone want a free Visual Basic replacement?

Postby vinylrake » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:31 am

The creators of the RealBasic development environment (a cross platform dev lang - write once, deploy on multiple platforms) is trying to woo abandoned VisualBasic developers by offering a free license for the windows version of RealBasic. Give them your email address and they will send you a license key.

The offer is only good for a week or two so get a license key now if you have any interest.

http://www.realsoftware.com/vb6

ps. the "standard" version creates executables only for the platform you develop on - for the multi-platform executable you need to purchase the developers version - but still, it's a useful tool for creating apps. I used it to write the Mac BattlePlanReporter.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Amadeus » Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:49 am

Very neat. I would jump at this but I bought the 4.5.2 Pro version a bit ago =-P. Heck no harm in getting it anyways I suppose =-D
Amadeus

OoH Special Guest

Postby Frumius » Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:31 pm

this is off topic, but I'm glad you could join us last night, Amadeus :)
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby vinylrake » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:25 am

Yeah fun games with Amadeus. Other than his tendency to trash talk me when he thought I was afk, he seemed like a nice guy.
vinylrake

Postby Two Saks » Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:47 am

Yeah fun games with Amadeus. Other than his tendency to trash talk me when he thought I was afk, he seemed like a nice guy.

But VR...Don't we all do this?

:p
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Postby Procrast » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:59 pm

Two Saks Wrote:

But VR...Don't we all do this?

:p

I thought that was a required practice :p
Procrast

OoH Special Guest

Postby Amadeus » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:17 am

Thanks all, it was fun =-D. Been a while since I've played in a m2 game with that many people that wasn't a ww2.
Amadeus

OoH Special Guest

Postby vinylrake » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:32 am

Amadeus, glad you could join us. And don't worry about missing WWII, I am in the process of subliminally convincing Baak to convert OoH to a WWII-only order.

At the moment I am working on a WWII vs. Rocket Dorf plugin to ease us into making the transition, though I am thinking maybe I should make a plug that would just give all the standard myth units WWII weapons (dorfs with Grenades, Locks with bazookas, archers with machine guns, warriors with rifles, etc). I figure once we start playing with WWII it's only a matter of time till we abandon these stupid medieval era units.
vinylrake

Postby Amadeus » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:58 am

Ha,

Actually I'm not a huge ww2 fan. It was fun to play reg/rdf/non-ww2. =-D. Though now and then its fun for a game.
Amadeus

OoH Special Guest

Postby vinylrake » Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:16 am

Actually I am not a big WWII fan either as I get winded easily with all the shoot-dodge shoot-dodge "strategy" (in that way it's a little too similar to first person twitch-fests for my liking). I do though appreciate the plugin/conversion on an artistic level, the units and scenery and physics and sounds are all really well done. For playing though I think guns and helicopters and tanks kind of take the "fair" out of warfare. [Man I am so funny, I slay me] I prefer battles along the lines of BraveHeart or something in the medieval or ancient civ (roman,greek,etc) vein, more one on one and up close and personal.

We've gotten as recent as the Wild West but I don't know if OoH has ever even "officially" played any WWII games.
vinylrake

Next

Return to Gabber's Corner