Any guesses? :)

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

Any guesses? :)

Postby Baak » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:23 pm

Any guesses? (I'm posting this on MariusNet too)

Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby Frumius » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:39 pm

ADT Anywhere V 1.3 on a Dorfball Map. Is that the kind of guess you mean?
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby vinylrake » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:55 pm

wait a minute....

if you use ADT on a dorfball map, does that mean ADT units can pick up and throw dorfballs?

If so...THAT'S JUST WRONG YOU ARE BREAKING MYFF OMG STOP IT RIGHT NOW THAT'S NOT THE WAY THINGS ARE SUPPOSED TO WORK AND YOU ARE LIKE THE DEVIL PERVERTING ALL THAT IS GOOD AND TRUE IN THE WORLD OF MYFF FOR GOD'S SAKE AND IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT'S HOLY DELETE EVERY COPY OF FEAR FROM YOUR COMPUTER IMMEDIATELY AND WALK AWAY FROM THE KEYBOARD NOW!!!!
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Baak » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:09 pm

Actually not ADT-AW 1.3, but the soon to be released ADT-AW 1.4.

I'm playing with a "Dorfball Anywhere" (OMG!!) and after figuring out the "UGR on MMM" game - where even the projectiles sitting on the map are converted properly - I decided to go the whole nine yards...

This led to a complete re-write of my Anywhere scripts to make things really tight and complete (and to add projectile conversions), and in the process I decided to incorporate Dorfball. Thus I stayed up until 5:30am Sunday night lest I lose track of what I was doing midstream!

This led to all kinds of fun, and since ADT-AW 1.4 is what I am working with first, I decided to get it working completely. ADT-AW 1.4 can now even replace the ADT Tagset used on the ADT maps!! I'm going to do this with all the AW plugins (be sure they work on their original maps).

It's one of those things where you learn something on the fifth one and then want to go back and do it everywhere - now I've set it up where it is REALLY EASY for me to do this.

So...

For maps that have an original Tagset (Dorfball and the latest ADT maps have separate Tagsets), you have to have the original Tagset and the map Active (to get all the scenery to behave) unless you are replacing the Tagset with the corresponding AW plugin (like ADT-AW on the ADT Maps - you wouldn't need the ADT Tagset too).

To get the game above you would need:

{{ ADT AW 1.4 }}
    Dorfball_AvonsGrove_v1
    Dorfball_Tagset_v1

all Active. This way you are playing ADT-AW on top of Dorfball (Dorfball Tagset + Dorfball Map).

You couldn't use the upcoming Dorfball-AW plugin in place of the Dorfball Tagset because things might not stack in the proper alphabetical order (that's why I use the { and {{ and ~~ and ! in some of my plugins).

And to answer your question, VR, in the above game you get Marine Grenades for the Grey Balls (they will have a 1/1 max) and only the Alien Praetorians can pick up and throw the Special Dorfballs! HA!

You might notice the peasants are Alien Eggs, the two "Peasant Announcers" (by chairs) are Rhynth (Alien Cattle!), and the Dorfball Refereees are Alien Praetorians who are NOT to be messed with! ;)

Thus all things in the Myth Universe remain perfectly balanced!

It actually looks like a really fun game to me! :D
Last edited by Baak on Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Baak

Postby sillek » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:19 pm

If it's any help, or consolation to you, Baak...

DUDE YOU'RE FIN NUTS !!!!!
sillek

OoH Member

Postby Baak » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:24 pm

sillek Wrote:If it's any help, or consolation to you, Baak...

DUDE YOU'RE FIN NUTS !!!!!

lol! Tell me about it! :D

At about 3am on Sunday night when some of the final pieces were clicking into place I was thinking the exact same thing!
Baak

Postby Frumius » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:54 pm

Sounds really great! I can't wait to play.

And Dorfball Anywhere? Cra-Zy weird far out neat bitchin awesome cool rad!

I can see it all in MWC 08!
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby vinylrake » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:40 am

Frumius Wrote:Sounds really great! I can't wait to play.

And Dorfball Anywhere? Cra-Zy weird far out neat bitchin awesome cool rad!

I can see it all in MWC 08!

I want to play Alien-Dorfball-Anywhere, can you make one of those plugs Baak so I am not limited to dorfball maps when I want to play Alien Dorfball?

ps. When you finish these plugs, it may be time to plan our OoH Plugin Three Rings of Doom Tournament.

pps. I have a couple ideas for plugins which might make your plugins seem more sane - at least in comparison. (Not that mine are crazy difficult - your's defintely have that award wopn hands down, mine are quite simple, just bizarre and mostly useless though maybe fun for an occassional match at 2AM)
vinylrake

Postby Baak » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:28 am

lol! Alien-Dorfball-Anywhere! I keel u! :D

... that would be kinda fun ...

Stop!

;)

We'll also be able to play UGR, MythWarrior, WWII, Worlds Collide, etc. on the Dorfball maps.

Agree on the tourney. Think it'd be lots of fun! I've gotta redo the OoH Downloads page to make it a bit more sane.

Also: I'd really like to do a once-over with the Balls o' Death to figure out what ones break UGR (and/or any of the other plugins). They will definitely be in the tourney! :)
Baak

Postby vinylrake » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:45 pm

Baak Wrote:lol! Alien-Dorfball-Anywhere! I keel u! :D....

Also: I'd really like to do a once-over with the Balls o' Death to figure out what ones break UGR (and/or any of the other plugins). They will definitely be in the tourney! :)

well, if the BoDs are going to actually get fixed i might have to actually finish the custom images for each of the Balls of Death. (other than the wighty wight ball of course since it is the way I want it already. hmmmm... although maybe the wighty wight 'ball' should actually be white?
vinylrake

Next

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support