Anywhere Multiplayer Pak v1.9 Now Available!

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

Anywhere Multiplayer Pak v1.9 Now Available!

Postby Baak » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:52 am

Now available from the OoH Downloads page or top of the OoH Battle Plan.

I've brought all 12 multiplayer "Anywhere" plugins (including new Bushido, Leggo, and Dorfball conversions) to v1.9 and put them in a single zip file.

ALL of them play properly on Fetchball and Dorfball (no tagset required) as well as hundreds of multiplayer maps.

SPECIAL NOTE FOR WWII PLAYERS: The WWII Anywhere units now behave exactly like those from the WWII 1.1 Tagset.
I rebuilt all the projectiles/artifacts from scratch.

Enjoy! :)
~Baak
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby vinylrake » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:01 pm

You know what would be cool?

Blue & Grey Anywhere

:)
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Baak » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:16 pm

vinylrake Wrote:You know what would be cool?

Blue & Grey Anywhere

:)

lol! OMG

I knew there was another one floating around somewhere...

I've decided to put the new Dorfbal Anywhere and the tiny tweaks to WWII and UGR Anywhere into a complete re-release of the Multi Pak, taking it to v2.0.
Baak

Postby vinylrake » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Well if you are bumping up to a version 2.0 that sounds like the perfect time to add in a B&G AW plug!!
vinylrake

Postby Baak » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:02 pm

vinylrake Wrote:Well if you are bumping up to a version 2.0 that sounds like the perfect time to add in a B&G AW plug!!

Yeah, except: (1) I doubt if I could crank it out by the weekend; (2) I'm concerned about making the current Pak even bigger; (3) I still plan to have a "Marathon Anywhere".

A possibility is to make the current one "Multi Pak #1" and then make a "Multi Pak #2" with Marathon and B&G in it. Jinn Anywhere would then be #3. Or all three of these could go into #2.

Have to make it manageable or I'll toss it! ;)
Baak

Postby Pyro » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Having them split as two separate Multi Paks is a good idea. But more than two and you risk losing the meaning of "multi" in the pak. Three tops, but two might be better.
Pyro

OoH Member

Postby Baak » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:44 pm

Pyro Wrote:Having them split as two separate Multi Paks is a good idea. But more than two and you risk losing the meaning of "multi" in the pak. Three tops, but two might be better.

The more I think about it, the more I like having two as well.

I'll plan to leave the current one as "Multi Pak #1" and then do a "Multi Pak #2" that will include Jinn, Marathon, and B&G. Have a feeling they will both be about the same size and this will allow me to finish the first pak before diving into the second (Jinn AW is already done).
Baak

Postby Pyro » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:31 am

A few decades later we see Baak finish working on Anywhere Multiplayer Pak #8 where he finally includes Greek Anywhere, Mazz Anywhere, Myth 3 Anywhere, and World War 4 Anywhere. He then retires from Myth and is never heard from or seen until a comet passes by Earth. And on that day Myth 4 is released. Instead of being the Baak people knew... he returns as a ranked player without manners and fueled by pure anger. Then a dark age begins.
Pyro

OoH Member

Postby Baak » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:40 am

Pyro Wrote:A few decades later we see Baak finish working on Anywhere Multiplayer Pak #8 where he finally includes Greek Anywhere, Mazz Anywhere, Myth 3 Anywhere, and World War 4 Anywhere. He then retires from Myth and is never heard from or seen until a comet passes by Earth. And on that day Myth 4 is released. Instead of being the Baak people knew... he returns as a ranked player without manners and fueled by pure anger. Then a dark age begins.

lol!! :lol: =D>

Unless there is some other amazing plugin we've forgotten (which I don't think there is), I think putting Marathon Aw and B&G Aw together with Jinn Aw should do it. Seems like a nice balance and rounds out the ones we'd ever want to play.

Iron has given me whole-hearted permission to do B&G Aw and I've already started laying out the units (the Cannons will have to be separate units - that was the only odd bit so far).
Baak

Postby vinylrake » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:46 am

Baak Wrote:Unless there is some other amazing plugin we've forgotten (which I don't think there is), I think putting Marathon Aw and B&G Aw together with Jinn Aw should do it. Seems like a nice balance and rounds out the ones we'd ever want to play.

Iron has given me whole-hearted permission to do B&G Aw and I've already started laying out the units (the Cannons will have to be separate units - that was the only odd bit so far).

w00t!

As for 'some other amazing plugin' that we've forgotten? Why there are several, 'amazing' being in the eyes of the beholder of course, but I could come up with a list of a dozen or more unit conversion plugs that have a reasonable shot at being fun.
vinylrake

Next

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support