Marathon Anywhere - Release Candidate Posted

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

Marathon Anywhere - Release Candidate Posted

Postby Baak » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:18 pm

The Release Candidate for Marathon Anywhere has been posted on the OoH Battle Plan (at the top). It is v1.12 in keeping with the other current release candidates: Blue & Grey Anywhere and Dorfball Anywhere, which I plan to incorporate into v2.0 of the Anywhere Multi Pak by the end of next week (April 4th). Once I build v2.0 there won't be any changes for several weeks (perhaps longer), so...

*** Please play the Marathon Anywhere plugin by April 3 and provide feedback in this thread (or on the OoH Forums) if you want your opinion heard!! ***

I am mostly concerned now with "gameplay issues" - units that are too weak/slow/fast/strong/whatever. I have simplified the unit substitutions, increased the damage slightly for S'pht and M2 Enforcer units, and made the S'pht'kr smaller so it has less of a problem shooting over terrain. I believe it plays nicely, but only the testing we do between now and April 3 will really tell.

Don't forget: you can play all the Anywhere plugins on Fetchball and Dorfball maps (you don't need the Dorfball tagset for Dorfball maps either), as well as hundreds of multiplayer maps, so try your favorite multiplayer map and let me know how it plays!

Thanks again to Astro tSD et al for the awesome SitH conversion upon which the Marathon Anywhere plugin is based, and of course IronDuke et al for Blue & Grey and Badlands for Dorfball.
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby Frumius » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:18 pm

Grabbed it, can't wait to play!
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support