Anyone up for games on the original Rocket Dwarves plugin?

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

Anyone up for games on the original Rocket Dwarves plugin?

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:17 pm

I've played a little RDF lately, just wondering if anyone wants to see the plug that (I'm told), inspired it. Rocket Dwarves is simple, but its fun to play coop with just a few dwarves, killing the rest of your army first ;\
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby Frumius » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:41 pm

There was this one plug a number of years ago with duffs that had extremely powerful armament, much as the RDF dorfs do, but they were different effects: it was called Predatory Jungle Law, I'm pretty sure. I always wondered in the back of my mind what relationship if any it had to RDF. I prolly have it on CD somewhere around here...
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:58 pm

Different plug ;o
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby Baak » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:40 pm

There were several Rocket Dwarf plugins once upon a time, but the one we played in the early days of the OoH - and the one that started me on the road to RDF - was:

"Dwarf Rockets" by ig98

As I recall it consisted of a whopping 5 tags (RDF v5.1 has 1369), using the built-in green fireball of the Dwarf collection, the deer explosion, and the camera shake (which quickly became annoying).

My first "plugin" was a modification of Dwarf Rockets that converted Mortar Dwarves, Dwarf Heroes, and Archers - and most importantly removed the camera shaking.

They have longer range than RD's btw, and I've had the plugin available on the site - buried in the RDF Acknowledgements and Credits (you can download it from the link above).

I remember when I first released RDF on The Mill there was some idiot whose review consisted of something along the lines of: "OMFG this is a rip-off of the Ultra-Ninja-Rocket-Dwarf plugin made in 1962...", which was funny because (a) I had never heard of whatever the plugin was (and neither had anyone else) - and I couldn't even find it after extensive searching for curiosity's sake; (b) it was for TFL!!! lol!! :D

It was painfully obvious this guy had never even played or downloaded RDF, and after a couple of those (three total) I decided to host the downloads myself and screw having reviews (we don need no stinkin reviews...) since people couldn't seem to be objective half the time. ;)
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support