BoD 2 (Balls o' Death) : aka Son of Balls of Death

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

BoD 2 (Balls o' Death) : aka Son of Balls of Death

Postby vinylrake » Thu Jan 19, 2006 12:25 am

I am looking for suggestions for the next set of Balls o' Death.

So far I have two ready for testing.

Thunder Balls (aka Balls of Instant Disintegration)

and

Speed PinBalls - basically unusable except on low/bowl maps. Even then it's stretching the definition of "usable" more than a little.

So what ELSE should BoD2 have?
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Baak » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:56 am

How 'bout Confusion Balls? It's slightly tricky to do the confusion - and I'm not 100% sure you can make it work properly without mana - but could be fun! :thumbsup:

Would be fun to have a Bursting Ball that caused the unit to blow up like a balloon unless they backed off which would allow them to deflate a little. Too much pushing and POP! Yeah - ok... it's impossible to do this - but would be funny to watch!

I could see an Easter Egg Ball that dropped random items now and then as it was moved around, including satchels, pus, mortar rounds, etc. These could be very dangerous for the people near the ball (and could possible propel it) but could also be rewards for ghols and/or laying defenses.
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby sillek » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:56 am

A ball surrounded with a reflection field like in dorfball and the General on Lichen.

I bet you've already done this .. I have only tried out two or three of the different varieties.
sillek

OoH Member

Postby vinylrake » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:08 am

Baak: Re: the Confusion Ball: You know how I mentioned that several of the balls of Death were the unintended result of trying to create a completely different ball that I've never figured out how to get it to work right? Well the ball I was *trying* to create that spawned many of the BoDs was a Confusion Ball. You are correct in that it is a little involved getting the confusion to work properly.

Sill: Good suggestion, coincidently enough - one of the new balls I mentioned (the Speed Pinball) is a derivative of the shield ball from Dorf Ball (which is where I got the idea/tags for the deflector shields in the RDF Arena in-development map). I was going to just make a shield ball then somehow ended up with something a "little" different. A "regular" shield ball is still on my list though, thanks for reminding me. I was actually thinking of making netballs from all/most of the dorfball balls - with proper attribution of course.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support