RDF Solo/Co-op Quirks - READ ME FIRST

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

RDF Solo/Co-op Quirks - READ ME FIRST

Postby Baak » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:33 pm

Hi All!

I'm especially interested in quirks when playing Project Magma's excellent TFL Solo levels for Myth II.

I've converted the units for the TFL Solos with the help of Haravikk (thanks!), but haven't had a chance throughout the RDF v5 development cycle to really play them - DOH!

Remember that for the Standard Myth II Solos there are "known quirks", inluding the two levels that I have completely replaced with custom solos (The Baron and Landing at White Falls are replaced with Banor's Keep and Return to White Falls, both available on the Downloads page).

The opening sequence of Gate of Storms also can take awhile, especially when playing with RD Giants.

I've done just about everything possible with the other levels to make the units more fun, but sometimes it just doesn't work well.

There are MANY more levels with v5 that play great though! Check out Through the Ermine, Willow Creek, and The Ibis Crown among others.

Also, I really want to get the solo mapmakers out there to make their own custom RDF solo maps so we can all play! :D

With all this in mind, feel free to post "quirks" that you encounter and I will respond where appropriate.

If there is enough incentive and feedback from the TFL Solos I may attempt to create a separate RDF "Patch" to play the levels with any quirks we discover, or I may incorporate all fixes over a length of time into a v5.1 release - we'll just have to see... ;)

~Baak
Last edited by Baak on Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby Baak » Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:28 pm

RDF v5.1 (just posted) removes all the known quirks that are fixable in the Myth II solo games. :)

I have yet to play all the TFL solo games with RDF v5.1, but plan to over the holidays if I can get a little time.

Do let me know if you find anything unusual - or funny!

Thanks! :D
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support