Mything.org & related subsites open for business

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

Postby vinylrake » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:40 am

Frumius Wrote:General comment: I think it's great, vr! Tons of good stuff, oh, man.

I bet there may be an article or two at the MWC sites that you could include in the Articles section. I think I remember reading grim's two articles on the Myth Code of Conduct and The Art of Myth Cool and finding them humorous.

I'll take a look and see if I can find anything interesting. I did grab a couple of articles from MWC05 (with author's permission of course) last year. If you come across anything you think is worthwhile feel free to send me a link - no way I am going to find all the good content myself.

Frumius Wrote:Mb on the Atlas page I have a thought. Mb I have a thought. Wait...no...yeah, there it is. The Main Area of the page is almost pure white and is hideous, while the small Sidebar on the right is beautiful. Make both beautiful :)

You are such a racist. btw, I appreciate you not mincing words, seriously - I didn't like the main page either but couldn't put my finger on it.

Frumius Wrote:Also, it would be more straightforward to navigate to the actual Atlas ("Browse the Atlas...") if they were listed in the Main Area, then you could keep the "Searching" and stuff that is currently below that over in the Sidebar. It just seemed with the vital info relegated to a sidebar, and the main window being a huge white field with just a little bit of black type in it, that the Map Atlas was big and empty.

I actually agree and thought of that, but then where does the Browsing stuff go when you are viewing an individual map page or the results of a search?

I probably need to make a little map-browse menubar that sits at the top of each page like I have on the myth dictionary.

Frumius Wrote:Edit: vr, I think this warrants a news announcement at Playmyth.net . Also mb a post in the MWC forum. People should know about this resource. It'd be easy to point ppl here for maps...

Once I get a few more bugs out and tune it some more I thought I might drop a line to let ppl know it's back.
Frumius Wrote:Edit 2: I went to the Civil War link, but couldn't find how to actually download it.

Looks the code that is supposed to display the links to download sites that have the map is fubared. I'll take a look at it in a bit and see if I can fix it.

update: It's not pretty, but the links are now at least displaying. -- unfortunately the one for the map you were trying to get appears to be defunct - OR the hotline site doesn't have a web interface.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

New and improved?

Postby vinylrake » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:02 pm

Ok, so once I had the underlying code for mything.org functioning I figured I should clean up some of the hideous page designs - so, I sparsed things up a bit and came up with draft version .001b of mything.org.

These aren't 'final' designs, for example a lot of the section header images are just placeholders, and I haven't really changed the myth map atlas, and I need to modify the designs a bit to make different areas more distinct, but all feedback helps so please feedback away.

mything.org

The Mythgraveyard

The Myth Dictionary

Myth Links

Myth Toolbox

etc... etc...
vinylrake

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:00 am

Layout's improved Graveyard a lot already. What about the minisites section?
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby vinylrake » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:19 am

The Elfoid_TFS Wrote:Layout's improved Graveyard a lot already. What about the minisites section?

I don't have a schedule for when that will be back up because large chunks of code need to be rewritten. I just have to decide whether I go with a low tech (fast) or high tech (good) method.

Anything particular you were looking for?
vinylrake

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:21 am

The one with all those 'top tens' is good for a laugh.
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby vinylrake » Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:58 pm

The Elfoid_TFS Wrote:The one with all those 'top tens' is good for a laugh.

Laugh Away.
vinylrake

Previous

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support