Mything.org & related subsites open for business

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

Mything.org & related subsites open for business

Postby vinylrake » Wed May 31, 2006 12:53 pm

After way longer than I anticipated recoding some of my myth sites, mything.org and the related subsites (the map atlas, the myth graveyard, etc) and back online.

There are bound to be some bugs and things I forgot to fix, but I think it's mostly working.

If you notice anything broken, I would be appreciative of an email/forum post to let me know so I can fix it.

thanks.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Wed May 31, 2006 2:56 pm

I've been waiiiiiiiiiiiting ages. As a fan of ancient Myth history no one else cares about, I love you VR. I want you babies!
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby Two Saks » Wed May 31, 2006 4:02 pm

I want you babies too.
:Eyecrazy:
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Wed May 31, 2006 4:19 pm

Fight ya for em!
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby vinylrake » Wed May 31, 2006 7:26 pm

All I can say is.... get in line.

ps. Elf you haven't been waiting "ages", it's been a month - give or take a few days since the sites closed for renovation/moving.

Oh wait a minute, if you look at the amount of time spent waiting compared to how long you've been alive, I guess you've been waiting for a significant portion of your life. ;)
vinylrake

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:59 am

I just happened to want to go to the site for the first time in ages just as it went down so it felt like longer than it was. I have to say I preferred it before personally ;p
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby vinylrake » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:35 am

The Elfoid_TFS Wrote:I just happened to want to go to the site for the first time in ages just as it went down so it felt like longer than it was. I have to say I preferred it before personally ;p

I did too actually, at least I like the design of the basic Graveyard section better - because it was a 3rd party Content Management System and was pretty well designed. Unfortunately, that CMS left my site vulnerable to Brazilian script-kiddie bandwidth thieves who brought down my site twice in as many weeks which was not making me popular with my web hosting company, and was a pain to have to keep restoring my site from backups.

That said, there is actually a *lot* more content at mything.org now than there was in "the old days". More maps, map resources, expanded dictionary, game variants, myth tools, - and everything is much easier to search that it used to be.

Don't focus on the surface, anyone can buy a pretty face, but that will change over time - try things out and let me know if things don't work (well) or what you think would be even cooler to have for features / content.
vinylrake

Postby The Elfoid_TFS » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:28 am

That include dead links? I found lots of them for the humour page.
The Elfoid_TFS

OoH Special Guest

Postby Frumius » Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:43 am

General comment: I think it's great, vr! Tons of good stuff, oh, man.

I bet there may be an article or two at the MWC sites that you could include in the Articles section. I think I remember reading grim's two articles on the Myth Code of Conduct and The Art of Myth Cool and finding them humorous.

Mb on the Atlas page I have a thought. Mb I have a thought. Wait...no...yeah, there it is. The Main Area of the page is almost pure white and is hideous, while the small Sidebar on the right is beautiful. Make both beautiful :) Also, it would be more straightforward to navigate to the actual Atlas ("Browse the Atlas...") if they were listed in the Main Area, then you could keep the "Searching" and stuff that is currently below that over in the Sidebar. It just seemed with the vital info relegated to a sidebar, and the main window being a huge white field with just a little bit of black type in it, that the Map Atlas was big and empty.

Edit: vr, I think this warrants a news announcement at Playmyth.net . Also mb a post in the MWC forum. People should know about this resource. It'd be easy to point ppl here for maps...

Edit 2: I went to the Civil War link, but couldn't find how to actually download it.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby vinylrake » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:32 am

The Elfoid_TFS Wrote:That include dead links? I found lots of them for the humour page.

Sure, there's some old crap I haven't moved over to the new site yet - but if you could be more specific I will be sure to at least look for the missing pages.

Also, if the links are to non-mything.org sites I obviously can't link to them but I can remove them from the page. The humor section is particularly old, I don't think I've even updated it in a couple of years.
vinylrake

Next

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support