Kebira - feedback,bugs, and WTH was THAT?

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

Kebira - feedback,bugs, and WTH was THAT?

Postby vinylrake » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:40 pm

I realize it's been a couple of weeks so you might have forgotten (unless the experience was so horrible it has been seared permanently into your brain), but I am looking for feedback about things that need to be fixed/finished on the kebira map.

(While complaining about unit mix doesn't count as that wasn't a +planned+ unit mix I just threw some units on the map so we could play it - I am VERY open to suggestions about the kind of unit sets people enjoy - if you have a favorite unit mix and tell me the map I'll seriously consider incorporating a mesh with that unit mix once I have all de bugs worked out of the basic map).

The 2 things I remember people commenting on, or which I knew needed to be fixed are (I am sure here are others I'll remember when I get back to editing the map):

1) Camera view around the edges of the map

2) Water (needs depth and pools to hide frum's wights)

Also, as frum noticed - you can hear faint music playing at a couple of locations on the map. I have no idea WTH is going on there. I have background noises set on several locations on the map, but none that were supposed to be music. I assume that means those locations are haunted.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Frumius » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:28 pm

Yeah, I need to play it some more to remember what I thought might need tweaking.

As to the mystery music -- yes, it must be haunted. It's the only possible explanation.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby sillek » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:42 pm

Overhead map
bushes/scenery if I remember correctly..I remember trees, but not sure about other stuff
sillek

OoH Member

Postby vinylrake » Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:39 pm

sillek Wrote:Overhead map
bushes/scenery if I remember correctly..I remember trees, but not sure about other stuff

Thanks for the reminder about the overhead map, that's one of those things you don't see until you are ingame so I had forgotten.

I am afraid youryour comment about bushes/scenery is too cryptic to figure out. Is the scenery that's there too much, too little, incorrectly positioned, doesn't match color map, or what? I had put in some trees to see how different trees looked in game and to get a general feel for what the map would play like, but wasn't really done 'decorating'.
vinylrake

Postby sillek » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:13 am

What you call 'decorating'
sillek

OoH Member

Postby vinylrake » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:17 pm

sillek Wrote:What you call 'decorating'

Sill, given your terse responses I am beginning to think you pay internet connection fees by how many letters you type.

So, when you say 'What you call "decorating"' you mean your opinion is that the map needs MORE scenery/trees/shrubs/plants/etc?
vinylrake

Postby sillek » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:39 pm

That is if I remember correctly.

After re-visiting, trees seem ok. Just needs bushes.. little swamp thingies around the edges of the water..general non-tree scenery.
sillek

OoH Member

Postby vinylrake » Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:41 am

sillek Wrote:That is if I remember correctly.

After re-visiting, trees seem ok. Just needs bushes.. little swamp thingies around the edges of the water..general non-tree scenery.

ok thanks for the feedback.

btw, I am open to suggestions for tree placement, etc. I should look in a book of nature photos to see what reality looks like, but I tend to just put all the scenery items in a jar and shake them over the map.

[side note: I wanted to have the weeping willow trees hanging low over the water on parts of the map, but myth II reflection map issues make that a no-go. If you have a tree next to the water the reflection of the tree in the water makes the underlying triangles on the mesh clearly visible. Stupid myff. I had to go back and move about 50 trees one by one till they were out of reflection range.]
vinylrake

Postby sillek » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:18 pm

I request/recommend a quick and swift avatar change.
sillek

OoH Member

Postby Baak » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:13 pm

sillek Wrote:I request/recommend a quick and swift avatar change.

No way man - she's a babe. ;)
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Next

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support