OoH Site on new server :)

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

OoH Site on new server :)

Postby Baak » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:32 am

Ok - the major move has happened! Didn't hurt a bit!

There may be some lingering quirks - so let me know if you see anything odd by posting it in this thread. :)

BTW - it was a BREEZE to do this ominous transfer due to the fantastic folks at our hosting company! They were in constant email contact with me and got back to me consistently within 10-15 minutes (!) late on a Friday night. Thanks guys!
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Re: OoH Site on new server :)

Postby Frumius » Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:11 am

Baak Wrote:Ok - the major move has happened! Didn't hurt a bit![/color]

Didn't hurt a bit, you say!? I now have carpel tunnel syndrome in my entire right side of my body* from hitting refresh continually for hours upon hours last night! I shall be sending the bill forthwith.

*After one finger after another blew out on my hand, I used my elbow; when that blew, I tried my shoulder. After several dislocations of my over-taxed shoulder late last night, I began using my right foot to continue the refreshing treatment, lost each toe successively, moved to my heal, lost the foot, tried my knee, and now I've even lost that. Entire right side -- blown out!

How can I play in the OoH night games tonight? I shall have to play left-bodied.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Zaknafein » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:30 am

Frumius Wrote:
Baak Wrote:Ok - the major move has happened! Didn't hurt a bit![/color]

Didn't hurt a bit, you say!? I now have carpel tunnel syndrome in my entire right side of my body* from hitting refresh continually for hours upon hours last night! I shall be sending the bill forthwith.

*After one finger after another blew out on my hand, I used my elbow; when that blew, I tried my shoulder. After several dislocations of my over-taxed shoulder late last night, I began using my right foot to continue the refreshing treatment, lost each toe successively, moved to my heal, lost the foot, tried my knee, and now I've even lost that. Entire right side -- blown out!

How can I play in the OoH night games tonight? I shall have to play left-bodied.

A reasonable man would have switched to his left side, so both sides would be equally crippled.
Zaknafein

OoH Member

Postby Frumius » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:01 am

Zaknafein Wrote:A reasonable man would have switched to his left side, so both sides would be equally crippled.

There is some logic in that. Ahh, but it is the essence of frumiousnessness to leave one side free with which to keel you tonight in the OoH games!

There is something I must tell you. I am actually left-handed! ::switches sword to left hand::
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Two Saks » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:33 am

INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES ( <deleted for ultra-super-paranoid security purposes> )

This hurt. Went to the forum to post and got inserted. ouch.
Two Saks

OoH Founding Member<br />3000 Club

Postby Baak » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:01 am

Two Saks Wrote:
INSERT INTO phpbb_sessions (session_id, session_user_id, session_start, session_time, session_ip, session_page, session_logged_in, session_admin) VALUES (<deleted for ultra-super-paranoid security purposes>)

This hurt. Went to the forum to post and got inserted. ouch.

lol - sorry 'bout that TS! :shock:

Yeah, there is some weirdness around the phpbb sessions that may take a day or two to settle down. I debated deleting them.
Last edited by Baak on Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baak

Postby Global Killer » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:38 pm

SO, did anybody catch Wrestling on Thursday night................lol
Global Killer

OoH Member

Postby Baak » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:25 pm

Looks like the move "clipped" some of the last posts before the move...

Oh well. :roll:

On the bright side: everything seems to be running faster, and we now have five times the disk space to boot.

Somehow I don't think we'll exceed 5 TB (that's 5000 GB) transfer bandwidth per month anytime soon - ya think?
Baak

Postby vinylrake » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:37 pm

Baak Wrote:Looks like the move "clipped" some of the last posts before the move......

Sure it didn't hure YOU - those WERE MY POSTS!!! DAMMIT MAN HAVE YOU NO SYMPATHY?

TS- I had one of those painful insertion experiences last night too. I may have to stand to play tonight.

Baak Wrote:
Somehow I don't think we'll exceed 5 TB (that's 5000 GB) transfer bandwidth per month anytime soon - ya think?

w00t! A New OoH contest!!!! The first one to push the OoH sites bandwidth over 5TB wins!

w00h00!
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Baak » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:44 pm

vinylrake Wrote:w00t! A New OoH contest!!!! The first one to push the OoH sites bandwidth over 5TB wins!

w00h00!

... and sends VR the bill! WOoHoo!! :D
Baak

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support