Mazz RDF Quirk - Or I am going crazy.

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

Mazz RDF Quirk - Or I am going crazy.

Postby vinylrake » Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:36 pm

Ok, so staying up too late "one" night playing RDF/Mazz vs normal Mazz units I noticed an odd thing. At some point during the play (after 45 minutes or so) I noticed there were a lot of bright tealish colored dwarf bodies scattered around the map (kind of clustered). WTH? I didn't have any dorfs that color, and all the enemy dorfs are ghost colored. Turns out that something was seriously weird with the mortar dorfs - instead of shooting long distance cannonballs at me, they were lobbing brightly colored dead dwarf bodies. Also, and it may be intentional or a function of Mazz, but after the mortar dorfs died there was some kind of death from above - ala the pathfinder death when the pfinder has signal flares on him when he dies.

Of course this might have been the game that immediately went into OOS after saving it and trying to pick up where I left off - so it might just be my machine, or lack of sleep.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Baak » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:53 pm

Well, I for one would say this definitely qualifies as a "quirk"! :lol:

This could very well be the result of mixing RDF with Mazz - what it sounds like to me is a specific unit in Mazz has the same tag as something in RDF that is getting overwritten in a weird way.

I haven't played it beyond about 10 minutes at this point but it's now on the list of quirks to investigate. Hopefully it will be something I can fix via an update to the RDF Modz.

Thanks for reporting it! :D
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Not as many quirks

Postby vinylrake » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:09 am

I played some "standard unit" Mazz as a control study, and found that the mortar dorfs hard death ending in a flare-dorf air-strike is not unique to RDF - so there's one less quirk.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support