Battle Plan page updated

Read OoH news/announcements and post feedback/support here

Battle Plan page updated

Postby Baak » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:58 pm

I've finally gotten around to tweaking some of the OoH site and decided to start with the Battle Plan.

I've made it XHTML 1.0 Strict (OMG) and although I need to spend a little more time getting those last little things looking right, I've got 95% of it done this morning in a couple of hours.

Please let me know if it looks good/bad for you - especially if you are a Mac user. I have tested it on IE7, FF2, Opera9 on Windows so far.

The main menu (like here on the forums) now has a MariusNet link along with a little [P/G] pair of links next to it. These take you to the current Myth II Players and Games, respectively. Kinda handy.

Oh, and I'm going to get all but the private BIGZIP files on the BP soon(tm) as well.
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby lank » Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:09 pm

seems to work alright in firefox 2.0.0.11 on mac os 10.3.9.
lank

OoH Member

Postby Baak » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:43 pm

I've updated it a bit more. Think this is about where I want it now. :)

P.S. Frum: I moved your reply to the private forums since it's not really for Gabber's Corner.
Baak

Postby vinylrake » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:19 am

well frum you could always cover your Faux-pas by just sponsoring someone you inadvertently ask as a special guest.

either that or just stop being so damn nice that you have too many friends to keep track of.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Baak » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:55 pm

Ok, I spent most of the night reworking the Battle Plan and Private Page once more (only Members and Special Guests can access the Private Page).

Both are now running smooth as silk. :)

I've cleaned them up a little more. Both are completely XHTML 1.0 compliant and the CSS passes the test as well, and most importantly they load that much faster now.

I've also added the public OoH BIGZIP's to the top of the Battle Plan (they stay there no matter how you sort it, which you can do by clicking the header). Rather than describe that again here, read the post on MariusNet to find out more. Oh, and any OoH Member or SG who asks me where they are gets to bring cookies AND brownies to the next Match.
Baak

Postby sillek » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:21 pm

Looks exactly the same to me. I take it that is a good thing ? [meaning: "What is this xhtml strict 1.0 stuffs?"]
sillek

OoH Member

Postby vinylrake » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:30 am

sillek Wrote:Looks exactly the same to me. I take it that is a good thing ? [meaning: "What is this xhtml strict 1.0 stuffs?"]

It's techo-speak for "I am a masochistic geek.".
:)
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Postby Baak » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:40 am

vinylrake Wrote:
sillek Wrote:Looks exactly the same to me. I take it that is a good thing ? [meaning: "What is this xhtml strict 1.0 stuffs?"]

It's techo-speak for "I am a masochistic geek.".
:)

lol - yes - it means converting old-style table-based formatting and non-compliant HTML code into 21st Century XHTML/CSS code. It's geeky.

For the user it means it's now much more cross-browser compliant, the fonts (especially sizes) should be more consistent between Windows/Mac, etc. As an example, you should be able to adjust the font size and see the whole page adjust much more intelligently.

Another plus is the file went from 30kb+20kb CSS to 12kb+6.5kb CSS, which means it's almost 1/3 the previous size and should load faster. Lastly, I can adjust visual aspects much more easily should I wish.

For the most part, the user experience is almost the same - the behind-the-scenes stuff is what has changed.

Oh, and now it automatically adjusts "New" and "Recent" - before I was doing this manually. Again - geeky stuff.

Next, it's on to the OoH Downloads page (I'm going to put tabs on it and maybe some search capability) and the Mything Links page. These are the biggies. Then I'll be adding some new stuff. :)
Baak

Return to OoH News/Feedback/Support