The question

Talk about Myth, other games and anything else (within the rules)

The question

Postby Omicron » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:20 pm

First, thank you for those two hosts about two weeks ago Frumius, I had to leave before I could say that. Second, is there a roughly common time you open your games to outsiders? These plugs are so fun!

And what do you guys think about politics and religion? ;)
Omicron

OoH Special Guest

Re: The question

Postby vinylrake » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:08 am

Omicron Wrote:And what do you guys think about politics and religion? ;)

I think the central government, under Alric is trying to impose too much control over the free merchant kingdoms like Muirthemne. We in Muirthemne were around long before the united kingdoms and we'll survive long after SoulBlighter is vanquished and our reason for allying has gone.
vinylrake

OoH Member<br />4000 Club<br>Forum Admin

Re: The question

Postby Baak » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:07 am

Omicron Wrote:First, thank you for those two hosts about two weeks ago Frumius, I had to leave before I could say that. Second, is there a roughly common time you open your games to outsiders? These plugs are so fun!

Hey Omicron - we've set you up as an OoH Special Guest so you can join in whenever we're playing.

All the information is in the Special Guest Instructions (which you now have access to along with a couple more forums).

Let us know if you have any questions and we hope to see you soon. :)
Baak

OoH Founding Member<br />Site Admin

Postby Omicron » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:53 pm

Thank ye for thinking me worthy enough to partake in your weekly games! Now if you would just play with Sak's cannon! :) Well, I guess trebuchets is fine. :( ;)
Omicron

OoH Special Guest

Postby Baak » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:21 pm

Omicron Wrote:Thank ye for thinking me worthy enough to partake in your weekly games! Now if you would just play with Sak's cannon! :) Well, I guess trebuchets is fine. :( ;)

When it's your turn to pick a game, you can definitely ask for Sak's Cannon - it's still one cool unit and has the best celebration!

Don't know if you knew this or not, but GimpMask's "Wasteland" plugin has a map with them as a standard unit. :)
Baak

Postby Frumius » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:07 pm

Welcome aboard, Omi :)

Is the Sak cannon the one on the Pirates map? I've forgotten which cannon it is.
Frumius

OoH Member<br />2000 Club

Postby Baak » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:34 pm

Frumius Wrote:Is the Sak cannon the one on the Pirates map? I've forgotten which cannon it is.

OMG. I keel u.

Actually, I think the Sak Cannon is from the days before you joined.

Way back when I wrote up an entire page on solving the mystery of flying bacon changing ownership (we didn't know about it at the time): The Funk File

It includes the GOTW (Game of the Week) film, which is Sak Cannons on Hedgerow (the pre-Redux Hedgerow). It's a really fun game actually: Bacon on Hedgerow (Wacky) with Sak Cannons instead of Warlocks.

Download the film and check it out. Fast forward until the last 4 minutes or so and watch the magic unfold. Note that "in the good ol' days" we tended to swear a bit (only once in this film). You've been warned. :)
Baak

Return to Gabber's Corner